168. (HP) Remus Lupin - pomegranates

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

summary: fake dating takes a whole new meaning when the two of you realize you'd rather have it be real.

[ potter!adopted!reader, suggestive language, kind of enemies to lovers (?) ]

------

Being James' sister came with a lot of headaches but most of them were ones you immediately laughed at after. The only real problems you encountered were his birthdays.

What do you get him when he never expresses what he wants? Well, that's not true. If he wanted something, he usually got it, whether he'll buy, charm his way into it, or borrow (steal) — was entirely upto him.

So you decided on a good-old surprise birthday party.

You didn't want to do everything on your own, and you definitely couldn't ask Sirius, he'd give away the secret in a heartbeat. So you decided to ask Remus.

That plan came to bite you later that week.

"What's wrong with this?" you asked after you pulled him into a broom closet.

He looked at the cake you placed in front of him, the one he had Frank bake.

"Uhm, nothing?" Remus replied, tasting the frosting. "It's delicious. Don't tell me you don't like chocolate?"

You took the cake before he could touch it again. "What's wrong with it is that it's not supposed to exist!"

Remus was confused. "Obviously I didn't tell Frank to bake it a week early. This was just a test-run."

Your mouth fell open. "I told you this party was supposed to be a secret. You shouldn't have told anyone!"

"Relax, he was already going to bake one anyway and we can't do everything on our own-"

"I can!"

Elsewhere, James was going to Potions when he heard his sister inside the broom cupboard.

"Y/N?" His voice echoed through the door.

Shit.

Just as you heard him touch the doorknob, you slammed yourself against it.

"DON'T COME IN!" you yelled.

"Why not?"

You took a wild look at Remus, his frost-covered fingers, and the cake out there in the open. You definitely can't let James see any of it.

"Because uh - we're having sex?"

Remus's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What?" both the men yelled simultaneously.

You drew a deep breath in, realizing your brother heard him.

"WAS THAT MOONY?" he yelled after seconds of stunned silence. "ARE YOU SHAGGING MY SISTER? MOONY? I SWEAR TO MERLIN-"

He started knocking more fervently, making you run out of excuses. Remus looked hopeless but he was glaring too.

"Don't make this worse!" he mouthed as you started to speak.

"You can't come in, we don't have clothes on," you said firmly.

"I said don't make it worse, he'll kill me!" Lupin whispered, his eyes terrified.

"Fine," James backed off from the door, making disgusted sounds. "You can't stay there forever anyway."

He walked away muttering under his breath about betrayals.