77. (DC) George "Digger" Harkness - He's A Challenge

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

Fandom: DC Extended Universe

Summary: In all your years fighting crime, and specifically, Captain Boomerang, you never knew his actual name...until you found out it was the one written on your wrist all along.

Warnings: None?

Word Count: 1.5k

-----

It was a routine mission. Or, well, it should have been. When the distress call went off, you and the rest of your team suited up and booked it. Routine jewelry store robbery. And based on the everything of the situation, that narrowed it down to pretty much one suspect: Captain Boomerang.

So, without too much struggle, you caught up to where he was, standing in an alleyway.

"This again? Really? I thought you were reformed, Boomer." You floated down closer to him, your entire body glowing with pure power.

"Sorry, sheila. What can I say, I've always got my eye on the prize." He shrugged, his golden tooth glinting when he grinned his rugged smile.

"Yeah, yeah." The energy of your powers wrapped around his ankles, effectively trapping him place. Whisps of energy drifted around your fingertips and your eyes glowed with power. With the flick of your wrist, you pulled the boomerangs from his vest and they clattered to the pavement.

"Now come on, mate, where's the fair fight in that?" He sighed and as you got closer, his playful smirk fell, morphing into something softer, a look you hadn't ever seen on his face.

"Sorry, Boomer. This is just the way it is." You shrugged, a sad look behind your eyes.

"You got him?" Your brother, River, the leader of your team who went by the name Evergreen.

"Your little girlfriend beat you to it, Minty Fresh." Boomer rolled his eyes as River got out the cuffs.

"Gross." You grimaced.

"He's not your...?"

"He's my brother." You said quietly while River secured him. "So...gross."

Captain Boomerang smirked at that. "So you're saying I've got a chance then, sheila."

You scoffed. "Not likely."

"But it wasn't a no...?"

"Alright, enough of that." River scolded. The two of you wrapped things up while the rest of your siblings tied up the rest of the loose ends. And once Captain Boomerang was, once again, safely in prison, the rest of you went back to your headquarters.

You wound down for the night, changing out of your armor and into some comfy pajamas. You made yourself some tea and sat down in front of the TV, your legs crossed beneath you.

"Good work tonight." Your sister, Rose, perched on the armrest of the couch, a mug of tea in her hand as well. "You got him pretty quick."

"He's predictable." You chuckled, shrugging. "For whatever reason, I can always tell where he's gonna be."

"Weird."

"Yeah." You agreed, sipping your tea. You rolled up your sleeve, and lo and behold, there was your soulmate tattoo, scrawled onto your arm in some very messy handwriting. You didn't know anything about them, really, aside from their name, George Harkness. Sometimes you wondered when you'd cross paths, if you hadn't already. Being a superhero, it was likely you had met him at some point and never even known it, probably during one of the bigger, world-threatening events that seemed almost commonplace to you now.