80. (ROTG) Jack Frost - Snowflake

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

Prompt: Hi there! I saw you wrote for Jack Frost and was hoping to request a Jack Frost x reader imagine for Soulmate au the one where you and your soulmate have matching marks and the marks glow when you're near your soulmate.

Warnings: None?

Word Count: 1.9k

-----

You were proud of your soulmark. You really were. How could you not be? After all, it represented not only your future, but the person you were destined to spend the rest of your life with, whoever that was. It also happened to be in a really cool shape: a gorgeous snowflake etched into your wrist. You found yourself staring at it a lot, sketching it in the corners of your papers for school, sketching it on everything, really.

It only made sense that winter became your aesthetic. You had sweaters and sweaters covered in snowflakes, you had snowflake earrings, snowflake rings, snowflake necklaces and notebooks and pencil toppers. You loved winter and the coziness the cold season brought. You loved bundling up in cute scarves and boots and jackets and hats, you loved drinking hot cocoa and decking the house out in decorations and going ice skating with friends.

It was your freshman year in college and you still hadn't found whoever your snowflake was supposed to lead you to, and once the snow started falling, you couldn't help but hope that maybe, this was the year it was supposed to happen. This was the winter that would matter.

You were on your way back to the freshman housing from the university library the first time you felt what you called a spark. A cold gust of wind blew past you and when it did, you felt your mark jolt. You stopped in your tracks, snow gently falling all around you. You heart was racing and you stood there frozen, unfamiliar with the feeling that had just coursed through you all at once, intense and sudden.

Curious, you pulled up your sleeve to look down at your snowflake. Flickers of light shimmered before fading away to nothing. You looked around, but the courtyard was empty. There was no one even near you, and no one had been a few seconds earlier.

Weird.

You walked the rest of the way home, flinching at every noise, looking around for people at ever turn, and checking your wrist every once in a while just to be sure. The further you walked, you were sure you had imagined it, and yet, nothing that vivid could possibly be a figment of your imagination. Right?

Classes continued, new layers of snow came down every few days, covering the campus in its sparkling beauty. The window of your dorm room was covered in a thick layer of ice, thoroughly frosted and cold to the touch. You'd look at it sometimes while laying on your bed, tracing your soulmark with the tip of your finger absently. Your heart raced when you thought of the moment you'd finally felt something, only for it to slip away just as quickly.

Maybe it was a glitch in the system, you reasoned. But...maybe it wasn't...

***

About a week later, you were out walking the campus with some friends. It was the weekend, and you were out to grab a bite to eat. After lunch, the three of you went outside to fool around in the snow. Together, you started assembling a snowman, packing the snow together and rolling three giant snowballs to form his body.

Once you had him built and stuck some sticks in his sides to be arms, you bent down and packed a snowball in your hands, a mischievous grin slowly stretching across your face. Then, you straightened up and threw it at your closest friend, making her giggle before racing to make her own. In seconds, a snowball fight broke out.