124. (MCU) Steve Rogers - Mission Partner II

https://themarvel-spnmultifanwriter.tumblr.com/

Pairing: Steve Rodgers x Reader

Warnings: friends to lovers, fluff, date, confessing feelings

Word Count: 1.6k

----

After two annoying weeks in hospital they finally told me I could go home. And I couldn't be more happy. If Steve didn't visit me every day I didn't know what I should've done with my time. I didn't even understand why they kept me there for that long.

11am, I packed my stuff and went outside the hospital to the parking lot. I waited a few minutes. Then, a motorcycle drove over to me.

"Hello ma'am" the guy in the brown leather jacket said.

"Steve" I nodded to him. I sat behind him on the motorcycle and put my arms around him.

"Hold on tightly" he joked. Perhaps because I had already wrapped my arms around him really tight, because I was nervous. I've never been on a motorcycle before. The only way I travelled was either with a bus or a jet. I didn't want to seem nervous tho. I unwrapped my arms a little bit, still tight enough so I wouldn't fall off the motorcycle when he started driving.

Steve started the engine and my palms started sweating. When he started driving I wrapped my arms around him closer again. It must've been amusing to him because he kept driving faster and faster whenever I tightened my grip.

"So, there we are" Steve said when the motorcycle stopped infront of my apartment. Relieved, I stepped off the vehicle. "Was that your first time on a motorcycle?"

"How'd you guessed?" I laughed.

"Don't know. Maybe because you arms were wrapped so tight it was hard to breath" Steve said. He then took my bag and carried it inside.

"Do you have any missions the next days?" I asked while unpacking my stuff. Steve sat on a chair next to my bed.

"No they gave me a few days off to have a look on you."

"Why does SHIELD think I'll do something stupid?"

"They just want to make sure you'll get well soon" Steve said and I nod.

Though I worked for SHIELD all my life I could never fully trust them. Some stuff seemed strange. My dad always said it was part of my nature to question things all the time. It was why I didn't like working with other people or well did until I met Steve.

"So what are your plans for tonight? Any chics you're meeting?" I winked.

"No. You know I don't meet girls really"

"And I never understood why. There are probably tons of girls who would like to have someone like you"

"Yeah" Steve said looking down for a moment. "What about you? Aren't there any guys you are meeting?"

"Me? No. You know I don't go out. And even if there was a guy he wouldn't be interested" I said with a tone of sadness in my voice. I don't even know why I said the last part. I hoped Steve wouldn't notice I meant him.

Since I was in hospital we've talked basically all the time. I told him things I never dared saying out loud. Steve was this kind gentleman from another time who made me feel like I was more than just the spy I was. He made me feel special, pretty. Around him I felt emotions that I didn't experience in a long time.

"Anyways, thanks for driving me home" I said after I unpacked all my clothes.

"You're welcome" Steve smiled at me with his beautiful blue eyes. "By the way I was wondering if you wanted to visit me in my apartment tonight for dinner?"