115. (Narnia) Edmund Pevensie - Stress Relief *

https://thepremedthatwrites.tumblr.com/

request: Could you please write one Ed x reader where she is Caspians lil sister and she sneaks into his room and basically smut ( praise and ddlg ?) Cuz she's pretty stressed due to the war . And Caspian somehow got to know and you know , acts like a very very overprotective brother during breakfast ?

------

The bed groaned as I turned onto my side. I could hear the faint noises of dwarves and minotaurs prepping for war. The clinking of metal on metal as weapons were being made and sharpened. The crunch of dirt as wagons were pulled across camp to transport materials. I turned over again, the smell of wet dirt hitting my nose. My mind wandered to the events that would happen tomorrow. We were to raid Miraz's castle per Peter's instruction. But what if we couldn't do it? Both Caspian and I warned him it wasn't a smart idea. Nobody had ever stormed the castle before. It was near impossible.

It didn't help that Edmund had sided with his brother. It only gave Peter the upper hand, encouraging the rest of the Narnians to agree with him. If both of their kings wanted to raid the castle, then raid the castle they shall. Who cared about the input of the Telmarine prince and princess? The people who took their land from them. I wondered what Edmund was doing at this time. He was probably with Peter going over the plan. I didn't care for the plan. Especially the part that required Edmund to sneak into the castle by himself. I tried to close my eyes in an attempt to sleep but all I got was an image of Edmund injured flashing through my mind.

I shot up, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't sleep like this. I needed to see Edmund. To know that he was okay. I swung my legs out of bed, my feet hitting the cool floor. I walked out of my room and past Susan and Lucy's rooms. I turned the corner, passing Caspian's room before standing in front of Edmund's door. I hesitated for a moment, wondering if he would even be in there. It was late enough that Peter probably sent him to bed by now.

I lightly knocked on the door, holding my breath as I strained to hear anything from the other side. "Yes?" I heard a voice say. It was strong and assertive, as if the person speaking had been wide awake for hours. I opened the door a crack as I peeked my head into the room.

"It's me," I replied. Edmund still had a candle lit next to his bed, a few papers in his lap and he had stripped off his shirt, most likely due to the heat and humidity of the night. A smile formed on his face as he looked up from his lap.

"Everything alright, princess?" he asked as I entered his room, gently closing the door behind me.

"Just stressed," I said as I made my way to the bed. I climbed in and turned my head to look at the papers while resting my head on his shoulder. The papers held maps of the castle that Caspian had drawn for reference. He put his arm around me as I inhaled deeply. I could smell the faint scent of smoke coming off of Edmund, most likely from sitting in front of a campfire with Peter. Underneath the smoke was a hint of lemon and something else I couldn't put my finger on. Bergamot perhaps?

"What are you stressed about?"

"Take a guess," I said, shooting him a look.

"You have nothing to stress about. Peter and I fought battles for fifteen years. We're professionals. We know what we're doing."

"I know," I started, moving my hand to his thigh and drawing circles into the fabric of his pants with my pointer finger. "It's just...what if you get hurt?"

"You have nothing to worry about. I'll be fine. I promise." He turned to look at me, his eyes meeting mine as he spoke the last two words. I wanted to believe him. To shake off the tension that had found a place in my shoulders. But I couldn't. Edmund leaned in closer to me, his warm breath brushing the exposed skin of my neck. He gently pressed his lips against the skin causing a shiver to go down my spine as I let out a soft sigh. "I'll find my way back to you." He kissed up my neck and to my jaw, pausing as he got to my lips. "I always do." His lips curled into a smile as he spoke those words just before leaning in, closing the small gap between us.