94. (MCU) Peter Parker - The Ship

https://itsapeterthing.tumblr.com/

pairing: peter parker x avenger!readersummary: you and your best friend and teammate, peter parker, go to a costume party only to discover that everyone believes that you and peter's alternate super-hero identities are dating.word count: 3.8kwarnings: brief mention of near death experience, fluff

-----

Peter Parker was your best friend, teammate and that was it- or that was at least what you two told yourselves. The two of you met after you were sought out by the Avengers once you had discovered that you had powers. Since then, the two of you had fought alongside each other and when off from school, spent your time staying and training with one another at the Avengers Compound.

The two of you spent most of your time with the other but you both told yourselves it was because you both had crazy lives and hectic schedules that matched up- not because you particularly enjoyed hanging out with each other- especially alone.

Although you both spent your fair share of time alone together, tonight you and Peter had other plans. Putting aside vigilante justice for one night, you and your best friend had agreed to go to a costume party. Despite the fact that none other than Flash Thompson was hosting said party, you convinced Peter it would be good for both of you to get out and allow yourselves to be normal teenagers for just one night without the responsibilities of being young superheroes hanging over you.

"Wait- you're being Han Solo?" You asked your best friend as you crossed the street to meet him where he was standing on the sidewalk in front of Flash's house. "You didn't tell me that! I dressed as Leia!"

When you reached Peter, you stopped and admired him dressed as Han Solo. He stood bathed in the light underneath the lamppost and as much as your brain hated for you to think it, you couldn't help but admit to yourself that the costume looked... good. That he looked good. You never even thought about the idea of him dressing as Han but now that he was standing in front of you you couldn't help yourself from staring a little bit longer than you were probably supposed to at the way the white shirt hung on his body underneath Han's characteristic vest.

Peter did the same, admiring you in the famous white dress of Leia's until Ned- who was dressed as Luke- nudged your shared best friend. "Dude." He muttered to Peter.

"What? Oh!" He spoke finally shaking his head. "It- it's fine, Y/n. People will just think we're dressed in a group costume."

"They'll think I'm your girlfriend. It's whatever." You told him nonchalantly before walking ahead of the two boys to enter the party. "It's getting cold can we just go inside, please?"

As you continued to walk up the steps he was now the one stopped in his place, admittedly a little hurt by what you had said. He wondered why it would be such a bad thing if other people thought that the two of you were a couple... before he snapped himself out of it, reminding himself that you were his best friend. He didn't like you like that and you definitely didn't like him like that. What was he thinking?

Mindlessly, Peter and Ned followed you up the steps and into the party. Although Peter dressed up, he admittedly didn't think that many others would, but to his surprise the house was packed with other kids from school dressed in costumes of their own.

"Penis Parker!" Peter and you heard an all too familiar voice shout. "Y//l/n! I'm surprised you guys actually came. Thought Parker said he was too busy for stuff like this?"

Just when you were about to answer in Peter's place you heard a loud crash sound from the kitchen. As soon as the sound reached Flash's ears he quickly raced to the kitchen without saying another word to either you. "Not the vase!" was the last thing you picked up before he left you, Ned and Peter's point of view.