102. (Kingsman) Merlin | Irrational

https://randomfandomimagine.tumblr.com/

Hi!! Can I request a Merlin (Kingsman) imagine where the reader comes back from a mission covered with cuts, and as Merlin is bandaging the reader up he's just really quiet. When the reader tries to get him to talk he reveals how he was really worried and was scared he'd lose them? Thanks in advance!!

-----

I'm alright. I'm okay. I'm alright.

Those words had turned into my mantra at that point, and I used them to convince myself that I would make it. I had lost blood and was injured, but I would be okay.

All I had to do was make it back, then my friends would help me.

Merlin, I needed to see Merlin. Out of them all, he was the one I trusted the most and the one I felt most at ease with. Perhaps it was his calm and collected demeanor, all I knew was that I needed him around at that moment.

The last section of my way back was the worst. So close yet so far. With every step I took it felt like I would collapse out of exhaustion, but I was almost there. Finally.

As I arrived to the Kingsman headquarters, I took a breather. Leaning on the door, I breathed heavily as I calmed down for a moment. It had been a great effort, but I was back. I made it.

Forcing myself to keep going once I was there, I pushed the door open. There was no one in sight at first, which probably just meant that they were all caring to their own business.

I felt faint and not strong enough to project my voice, but I was determined. Or how Merlin called it, 'really bloody stubborn'.

"Hello?" I called out as I dragged myself around the reception hall, using the walls as support. "Need a little help here!"

A few curious heads popped here and there, and many doors opened in response to my call. However, one person's reaction stood out from the others.

I was relieved to see Merlin as he appeared from the door at the opposite end of the corridor. For a moment he froze at the sight of me, but then he sternly walked over to meet with me.

Heaving a sigh, I braced myself for the lecture that was about to come. I was reckless and cheeky and I had lost my ear piece to keep in contact with them.

Before Merlin told me any of that, I knew. And in my defense, the last part wasn't my fault. It was bound to happen in such a frenetic encounter like the one I just had in my mission. Fighting bad guys wasn't as easy or badass as people thought, it could get pretty messy and ugly.

When he reached me, Merlin stood in front of me, completely motionless. And emotionless, as per usual.

"Good to see you too" I cracked a joke even if I knew it wouldn't make him smile. But maybe seeing I still my sense of humor intact would help. "The mission was okay, thanks for asking"

"You're hurt" He just said, deadpanning like he did.

"I'll survive" I patted his shoulder and began walking, trying to appear strong and determined. "I just need like a whole week of sleep"

Sighing in exasperation, he walked next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist to offer me his support. I greatly appreciated it as it was exhausting to even be standing.

"I'll treat your wounds" He just said before getting silent again.

I observed him, dumbfounded, when I realized it was really everything he was gonna say. No lecture, no fury, no observations, no constructive criticism, no nothing!