158. (MCU) Andrew!Peter Parker - You're Not Peter Parker

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

NO WAY HOME

Summary: When Peter enters this earth, he stumbles upon you first.

[ avenger!reader, witch!reader, mentions of food ]

-----

You were munching on some doughnuts at the sidewalk when you saw a red-clothed figure fall onto the ground.

You blinked in surprise as the man in Spiderman costume straightened up.

"Peter?"

He seemed just as surprised to hear that name. No one knew what his real identity was. He touched his face to make sure the mask was still on, which it was.

"Uh, where am I?" he asked, staggering towards you. You let go of your doughnut in surprise.

Everyone walking by was starting to note the costume, wondering whether they should start taking pictures or call him a murderer, for well, murdering Quentin.

You knew better. Your friend Peter was the good guy, but the man standing in front of you was not him.

Sudden gold flames danced on your palms, making the fake-Peter gasp.

"Who are you?" you asked, your eyes trained on his movements to know whether he'd attack.

"Uhm, Peter?" He seemed uncertain himself, and he was watching the fire warily.

"How do I know you're Peter?"

"That's the question I have actually. How do you know I'm Peter? Who are you?"

You blinked, wondering if he was joking. A sensible part of you knew it could be some random man dressing up as Spiderman for attention, but the suit seemed advanced. It wasn't the kind you could buy online.

Yet he was taller, his voice way too different... something wasn't right.

"Take off your mask," you demanded, raising your hands higher.

"No, what's going on here? Where am I?" He looked up at the sky, as if someone painted the clouds pink.

"Your mask!" You snapped your fingers, and somehow, his mask melted into thin air. Perks of being a witch, you could say.

The face you saw was definitely not Peter. Not the one you knew.

"How did you do that?" He asked, touching his face in shock. He looked at the glass window of a shop nearby, hating how he became so exposed in a matter of seconds.

"What's going on?" you asked yourself, because he seemed just as lost.

"I was in my room, and now I'm outside," he muttered, groaning. "Maybe I do need sleep. Who are you again?"

"Y/N, but that's hardly important. Are you sure you're Peter?"

He turned to face you with a frown. "Am I sure I'm me?"

You sighed. "Like, did you steal the suit or something? How can you be Spiderman if we already have one? I know Spiderman, you're not — oh fuck."

"What?"

You couldn't reply. You were considering the only other possibility if that was actually Peter — multiverse.

And the only one powerful and stupid enough to mess with multiverse was—

"I'm going to kill Strange," you said aloud, walking away briskly.

"Woah, woah, you can't just — wait for me!" Peter exclaimed, following you obediently, knowing there was something incredibly wrong.