146. (Actor) Tom Holland - English Love Affairs

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

pairing: tom holland x fem!reader
word count: 2.1k
summary: you attend the bronx school of science, and you're immediately taken by the new student: ben perkins.
warnings: deception ig?

------

 As soon as you stepped off the bus, you heard the chattering that only came from one occurrence. A new kid. That confused you, though. It certainly wasn't unheard of for kids to drop in halfway through the semester, but, at your school, it was rare. The Bronx School of Science was an elite high school and it took amazing test scores and the grace of God to get in, so a new kid in the middle of the year was a rarity.

You saw him the moment you walked into your first period chemistry class. After all, he was the only face you didn't recognize. Dark, curly hair that was just a bit long, with rosy cheeks and wide brown eyes. He seemed nervous; as new kids usually were. He wore a red hoodie, his hands shoved deep into the front pocket, and he was looking all around the room. The seat next to him was empty and, while it wasn't your usual place, there was no formal seating chart. "You new?" you asked, swinging your backpack to the floor.

The boy looked at you with a keen alertness in his dark eyes, and he swallowed thickly. "Yeah," he laughed softly. He sounded a little Queens, maybe; perhaps even Brooklyn. "Just, uh... Just moved here."

"Nice," you said. "From where?"

The boy clenched his jaw. "Queens," he said, and you nodded.

"Well, welcome to the Bronx," you laughed. "I'm Y/N."

"Ben," he said quickly. "Ah, Ben Perkins."

"Ben Perkins from Queens," you repeated. "What brings you here?"

Ben shrugged. "Parents," he mumbled simply. Ben seemed like a guy of few words, but you didn't mind too much. It was a welcome change from the other guys at your school who wouldn't shut up.

You decided to not really say much to Ben. If he didn't feel like talking, you didn't want to push him and make him uncomfortable. The first day at a new school was stressful. "If you need help with any classes or anything, just let me know. Getting into the routine here is hard as shit."

"Thanks," Ben told you with a nod. "That's quite nice."

You couldn't place why the usage of the word "quite" tickled the back of your brain. Maybe because you had never heard anyone use it like that. "You're quite welcome," you replied, biting the tip of your tongue. Ben looked at you and the rosiness in his cheeks grew deeper as he smiled.

The class started normally, until your teacher got to the Ps on the roll sheet. "Oh!" she cried. "We have a new student! Benjamin Perkins!"

Ben's face grew red, this time not from laughter. He gave a quick two-finger to the class, and he mumbled, "Just Ben is fine, actually."

"Welcome to the Bronx School, Ben," your teacher said. "I'm sure you'll do great here."

About halfway through the lesson, you looked at the boy sitting beside you. He wore jeans and scuffed sneakers with the red hoodie, a dark curl bouncing along his forehead as he looked at the board and diligently copied notes. He was cute, a lot cuter than any boys you knew, and you wondered what he was like when he was in his element. His hands were big, veins popping as he gripped his pencil tightly. You took a second look at the mechanical pencil, and your heart soared. Quickly, you ripped a page out of your notebook and scribbled a quick "i like your pencil :)", and you passed it over to Ben.