153. (MCU) Marc Spector - Softcore

https://cosmicloki.tumblr.com/

summary: marc is apparently having a breakdown in the middle of egypt, the good thing is that you're right there with him, the person he seems to hate the most in the whole world... or quite the opposite of that.

pairing: mostly marc spector x female!reader / slight steven grant x female!reader

word count: 3.5k

warnings: angst, marc spector being a total jerk, bad language, some blood, wounds, alcohol consumption, slight smut (minors DNI), fluff at the end, soft!marc (at least as much as i could get out of him 💀)

-----

Egypt was indeed as hot as they said, the warm wind rushed through the small town, kicking up the sand with it as the sun shone furiously overhead, always watching, attentive, almost mocking the people who were not used to it's power, just as you were.

You were fully grateful to Steven, rather to his memory, when he had once told you that if you were ever to go to Egypt, you should pack purely light clothing, no wasting space on jackets or vests or even pants, nope. Now you understood exactly what he meant. God bless him.

As you closed the door to the small hotel room behind you, you sighed and restrained yourself from grunting in annoyance at the sight of the almost naked man, still lying on the floor beside the bed and holding an almost empty bottle of some alcholic drink that you assured was quite strong even for him, for when he took the last remaining drink, he let out a hiss, you could almost see his brow furrowing from the burning in his throat. It was definitely rum.

Blood ran between his fingers and along his hand to his wrist. You immediately noted also that the circular mirror in front of the bed was now broken. You knew he'd had some argument with Steven, obviously.

"Okay, Marc, what the hell are you doing?" You dared to asked, dropping your bag with some purchases you had brought from the small market across the street. You had even bought yourself a rather cute necklace with a small moon shaped crystal, two in fact, as you planned to give the other one to Steven, which he would probably love, you knew he would.

You hadn't seen him for a couple of days already, since practically the fight back in England with that invisible monster, you had even helped him defeat it and then you had tried the same with Marc, he had rejected and dismissed your help completely, of course.

Marc didn't even turn to look at you, he just stared straight ahead, into nothingness, ignoring you completely, once again, but still, you didn't give up, you never would and he knew that too.

You had been Steven's girlfriend for a while now, Marc knew that you loved him with all your heart and that you cared about him, you really were perfect for each other, but with him... it was different, everything was different with Marc, since, well he was a complete idiot sometimes —;not to say all the time. Even Steven couldn't understand why he was so mean to you sometimes, he couldn't wrapped his head around the fact that he was treating you wrong, you, the nicest, most precious and caring being that had ever walked this planet.

The two of them had had fights about that too, pretty heavy fights, in which you had to console Steven trough all night afterwards.

And it wasn't that you hated Marc, not in the least, it was just that.... it was very difficult for you to understand him. You were really trying to get even the slightest bit closer to him, but he always acted so closed to everyone, he never showed himself vulnerable, he never showed much emotion, he never showed anything at all. This sometimes made him appear very selfish and careless, even dark and evil.