131. (MCU) Loki - More Time

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

summary ↠ y/n stark briefly ruled midgard with loki but, after loki makes a mistake, he has to do everything in his power to make sure his mistake doesn't haunt him for the rest of his time.
pairing ↠ loki laufeyson x gender neutral!stark!reader (y/n)
word count ↠ 4.8k
warnings ↠ minor spoilers for ep 1 of loki, major character death (you), explicit language, angst, pining

-----

"You said 'nearly every living thing'," Mobius said, eyeing the man in front of him. Well, technically the Time Variant in front of him was a god, but godhood and special abilities hardly mean anything in the TVA. The only people that truly meant something were the ones in charge, of which Loki was not a part of that group. "Nearly every living thing has freedom."

"I said the words I meant," Loki huffed, leaning back in the slatted metal chair and crossing his arms over his chest. The past twelve hours or so (or what he perceived as twelve hours; he was apparently wrong, if anything that Mobius told him was to be trusted) had been awful and long, and he desired nothing more than to lay with his partner. Ah, yes, his partner, the wonderful Midgardian that was his and his alone. While he had only met you when he first arrived in your realm, he saw you for the cunning and smart creature that you were. He related to you; like him, your father oppressed you, confining you to the tower that was named after your family, concealing what greater things you had in store. Loki had freed you from your imprisonment and elevated you to what he knew you could be, the sole ruler of Midgard. He could still taste the way that the air was charged around you and, for once, he didn't really mind being someone's second-in-command, if it meant he could be with you. Of course, that entire Midgard endeavor was bested by your father and his crew of super-abled people, but he couldn't get the image of you out of his head. He could still feel the way you kissed him as Thor shackled his wrists and ankles together, the sweet utterance of your words as you promised to find him and return to him. Loki wanted nothing more than to be in your arms right then, perhaps even your legs too.

"Right," Mobius whispered, fiddling with the switchboard in front of him. Loki watched the grey-haired men as he diligently did his work, and the tabletop screen and machine whirred to life, and a vision appeared on the wall beside him. "Do they fall into that category?"

The hologram bubbled to life in cube-shaped portions, and you appeared, in the red and gold that Loki had conjured for you. Only the best for you, he remembered telling you. You stood tall on the outcropping of Stark Tower, standing in defiance across from your father. "I'm meant for this!" you yelled, but the hologram garbled your wonderful voice just a bit. Then, you turned to Loki, your new husband, and, quieter, with a sincere smile, you whispered, "We're meant for this."

"Of course they do," Loki scoffed. "They have freedom, they chose to rule with me. What are you getting at, that I somehow coerced them into ruling with me?"

"No, no, that's not what I'm saying at all," Mobius said quickly, and he chuckled a bit. "I'm just saying that... Well, shit, see for yourself."

Mobius turned a dial, and Loki watched everything up to that point on top of Stark Tower play out backwards in fast-motion, until he was in that cell in the Tower. But the hologram didn't focus on him (Loki secretly was glad; something about the lighting made him look sickly and sallow). Instead, it focused on you and your father, sitting in your bedroom. You were clutching Tony Stark's arm and whimpering, and Loki shoved the chair from under him and shot upright. "Did you hurt them?" he growled with venom. "What did you do to them?"

"Hey, hey, calm down," Mobius said quickly. "We've done nothing to them. This is in the past, it's already happened. You just weren't aware that it happened." He gestured for Loki to sit back down, and he didn't see much reason to otherwise defy Mobius any longer. No matter how blotchy and wet your face was, it was still you.