150. (MCU) Bucky Barnes - Rumble

https://searchforanotherway.tumblr.com/

Character/Pairings: Bucky Barnes X Reader

Warnings: none unfortunately, and if that bugs you just do what I did and pretend it's dark.

Drabble Synopsis: What's on his mind?

Chapter Length: 795 words

----

Red hues shined down on the dance floor, darker hues to the lounge where he sat. The music was muffled noise to his ears while he seemed trained only to the sound of the ice swirling in his bourbon glass.

He looked over to the floor, watching everyone sway their hips and sweating drunk, the deep bass vibrating the building underneath him.

Another quick swallow of his drink, tilting his neck and avoiding the ice from passing through his lips when he focused into the distance on the dance floor.

Her eyes seemed locked to him as she danced with her partner before another woman pushed up to her chest, pressing their hot skin together.

Bucky sighed as he leaned his back away from the couch, slouching while his elbows rested against his thighs. He shook the ice in his glass, hair slightly cutting his vision while he stared at her.

Her platinum blonde hair slipped through her bun, and it seemed ready to let loose any second. She waved her hand, a slow snake coming alive to the music until her palmed turned over and her finger curled, calling him to the floor to her.

Bucky held his stone gaze until the blonde was yanked back in by the woman before her, slim hands snaking around her waist before the two pulled each other together, tongues tied in a heated passion.

He turned away then, combing his hair out of his eyes before shaking his muscles and taking another drink of what drops of bourbon remained in his glass. He let one of the melting ice cubes slip into his mouth, biting on it and letting it dissolve over his tongue.

"Hey, did you want to dance with me or not?"

The man turned in his seat, finding the blonde woman from the dance floor above him.

"Dance? Sorry, not interested." Bucky again leaned back in the chair, letting his arms stretch to the sides of the sofa while he cocked his head at her, frustrated.

"Well stop looking at me seductively then," she preened, climbing over the lounge sofa and crawling up next to him.

She reached out to his cheek, but he grabbed her wrist and snarled; "that was my normal-looking, stop being paranoid face." He swiped her hand away before lifting himself off the couch and marching out of the club.

He didn't go far though before his hand began fumbling with his phone in his pocket. Bucky was already swiping through his contacts, pressing call as he paced back and forth in the dark alleyway.

And when he was left on a dead tone, he called Steve, listening to the receiver ring but never getting picked up.

He made up his mind then.

- - - - -

The chimes of the doorbell were what alerted you. Who would come so late at night—just when you were about to head out for your shift?

You hesitantly approached the door, opening it slowly before you sighed in relief.

"James." You looked at him worriedly, his anxious brows crossed and his lips pressed thin. "What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" You glanced over to his car parked in the driveway before you silently encouraged him in.

The front door softly clicked closed behind you while the both of you stood in the entranceway. Bucky curiously glanced up the stairs before slowly turning to you.

"Where's Steve?"

You smiled at him, your finger nonchalantly pointing to where he was looking at before. "Mr. Rogers is sleeping for the night. I was just about to head home myself too. Is everything alright though? Why are you here?"

Bucky didn't answer, turning away before sighing.

"I just wanted to make sure you two were alright."

"You thought something was gone?"

"I just—" he cut himself off before turning back to you. James seemed to be twirling back and forth more than once. "I called you, and you both didn't pick up; I just wanted to make sure you two were okay."

You snickered at his reasoning. "You know if Mr. Rogers heard you say that, he wouldn't hesitate to smack you. It's already enough for him that he's stuck with a caregiver. He didn't need me before. Mrs. Rogers was the one that needed the help."

Bucky chewed on his cheek as he stared at you, "I really appreciate you helping him though."

You cranked your head slightly. "I'm only here because you're paying me—"

"And we still need you here." he broke through your words. He stepped closer, sighing and combing his hair out of his face. "I..." suddenly lost for words, "can I drive you home tonight?"

You held your laughter in your chest, crossing your arms before him.

"Sure James. I don't mind at all."