154. (MCU) Druig - Mind Games

https://cosmicloki.tumblr.com/

summary: druig doesn't like at all the apparent new closeness you have with ikaris and this pushes him to actually confess the feelings he had been avoiding for 7,000 years.

pairing: druig x female!soulmate!reader / slight ikaris x reader

word count: 3.5k

warnings: a lot of fluff, just a little bit of angst, jealous!druig, love confessions

-----

Darkened blue eyes watched as a silly giggle escaped from between your lips as you looked as if you were totally smitten with Ikaris sitting next to you. The eternal had previously made a silly joke, which to Druig was not funny at all and in fact, was stupid, just like Ikaris.

His jaw clenched as his fellow eternal rested his hand on your forearm and laughed foolishly, and once again, your laughter followed his like an echo.

Druig could almost feel his blood boiling through his veins. You looked like a couple of little girls, not at all as if you were the strongest beings in the universe, as if you didn't have the enormous responsibility of protecting an entire planet. You two really looked happy, fulfilled, it was disgusting.

He was just jealous, of course, but he wasn't going to accept it just yet.

His hand pressed against the glass he held around his fingers unconsciously and he took a sip in silence.

What a nice family dinner. He thought sourly. He had quickly regretted going in the first place. He felt like throwing up and specifically all over Ikaris.

His eyes narrowed around the scene unfolding right in front of them and he abruptly set the glass down hard on the little wooden table.

You belonged to him. Your soul belonged to his, to be by his side, bond together, for eternity. And there you were, giggling like a little girl in the arms of another man, a man Druig particularly disliked. He felt betrayed.

He was supposed to be Hades and you Persephone. Fire and ice. Day and night. Moon and Sun. You were meant to be together. How hard was that for you to understand? About 7,000 more years? Though, he surely would wait that all over again if that meant being able to hold your hand.

And by the time Ikaris leaned over to murmur something in your ear, Druig couldn't take it anymore. He stood up abruptly and suddenly all eyes were on him, yours looking at him with concern, for which he clicked his tongue bitterly.

Gilgamesh frowned, concerned, sitting next to him. "Is everything alright, Druig?"

"What's wrong, Dru?" Your soft voice full of concern made him clench his jaw, his eyes on you and only you, staring at you in disbelief and betrayal. He was hurt, you could sense him miles away. You were the only one who could do it after all.

The mind controller laughed wryly and shook his head, his blue eyes, totally darkened with anger traveled from you to your new friend sitting next to you. "Don't worry about me, (Y/N). I can tell you're too busy giving attention to your new partner."

Ikaris raised an eyebrow at his strange and outbursting behavior, more or less already understanding the cause of it, which made him feel amused.

All joyful chattering among the eternals seated around the table came to an abrupt halt at Druig's outburst, since it was truly shocking that he would explode like that, he was one of the calmest and most expressionless of the group. And the strangest thing was to see him treat you that way, so disrespectful. He surely hated everyone there, but not you and they knew that well.