178. (MCU) Steven Grant - Date

https://queen-of-elves.tumblr.com/

Steven Grant x reader

Summary: Your date is late, not just an hour or two but two whole days. Good thing you really like him.

Warnings: swear words, Steven Grant (this cutie deserves his own warning), tell me if I missed something

-----

You were so excited, finally having a date in what felt like a century. No, you were definitely not a wallflower, you just like to know people a bit before it gets too serious. He was perfect, well not really, a bit awkward but handsome and very intelligent nonetheless. He has the cute nerdy vibe around him and every time you saw him he was always polite and friendly. You met Steven at work, him being a "gift shopper" and you working down in the archives. Walking around him from your lunch break became routine full of soft waves and shared smiles. You often lied to your coworkers about how faster the route seemed even though the gift shop and entrance to the underground archives were on different sides of the museum.

Everything seemed great at first, you decided on a Friday date at a steakhouse... And this stupidly cute moron stood you up. Didn't call, not even a short text of SORRY, nothing. You sat there like an idiot for three hours. It was not all bad the first hour, you thought maybe he was running late or something. Worse was when you started to get pity glances from the waiters, who numerously asked you if you wanted to refill your glass. At the end of the night you ate steak alone with almost the whole bottle of wine.

That's what you get for having your hopes up.

You thought while drunkenly stumbling through London streets to your flat and when you finally got back, slipping your feet out of the high heels you chose for the date felt like heaven.

"All for this for nothing. Killing my feet for that idiot." At this point you were not only yelling in your mind but sharing your opinion on this ruined date out loud with your plants.

Monday is gonna be shit.

***

It was Sunday and you decided to cook yourself a nice dinner before facing Steven in the museum the following day. Dreading your situation of monday, maybe you could avoid Steven for the rest of your life, that would be possible if it wasn't for your noisy coworkers, who would definitely ask about your not so lovely date. Loud ringing of your phone ripped you out of the awful inescapable maze of your spiraling mind, if only for a moment. Because you were right back when your gaze stopped on your phone with Steven's name shining on the screen.

Unbelievable, now he was calling? Whole two days after?

Debating over declining the call you put down a knife you were holding, who knows what you would have done with it if he made the situation even worse with this call, getting arrested for homicide was not on your New year's resolution for sure. Wanting to hear the reason why he stood you up on the date you accepted the still ringing call. "Punchy. Calling me now?" You snarled into the phone, throwing away the rest of the cut vegetables from the cutting board into a bin.

"What do you mean? I am at the restaurant for steak. It's steak time." Steven sounded geniously confused and in the background you could hear people talking and plates rattling just like in a restaurant. Was he for real at the restaurant now? You set the date on Friday so what was he doing there now?

"Yea, I ate steak by myself, thanks. Two days ago." The answer must have confused him even more, you could hear him pause in any kind of movement.

"What? I thought we said Friday? Today."