164. (HP) James Potter- Mortal Enemies

https://scandalous-chaos.tumblr.com/

Summary: James Potter and Y/N L/N. They despise each other. Or that's what it looks like anyway. (Angst to fluff!)

-----

"CALL ME AN IDIOT ONE MORE TIME AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH ANYTIME SOON!" James yelled.

"Awe, would you shut me up with a kiss?" You fake pouted, and James resisted the urge to push you off your broom.

Hate is a strong word and not something you lightly use to describe your relationship with someone. But James irked you to no end, and you returned the favor. If that's not hate, then I don't know what is.

Both of you were team captains of your Quidditch teams, which frankly was how the competition started, both literally and metaphorically.

"That wasn't fair. You basically threw me off!" He had yelled the first day.
"It's Quidditch, what did you expect?" You had yelled back.
But that's a long story.

Right now, you were in the middle of a game and instead of monitoring over what your teammates were doing, you were bickering to each other like kids over candy.

"Keep your disgusting mouth ten feet away from me!" He yelled furiously, his face red of both fury and just maybe, a result of blushing.

You blew him a kiss and flew off to the opposite direction. It goes without saying that the Slytherins won, and it goes without saying James was pissed.

-

-Gryffindor dormitory, the next day-

"We need to take down Y/N L/N," James said for the tenth time.

"I love you, but I'm not getting thrown into Azkaban for murder," Remus replied, not looking up from his book.

"Speak for yourself!" Sirius had a huge smile when he sat next to James. "But buddy, are you sure you don't know if you want to kill her? You seem way too obsessed with her. Almost as if you want to kiss her."

James looked he was stabbed with a knife made of the wood from his own Quidditch broom.

"How can you even- what are you- I've got Lily!" He said like a fish out of water.

His friend sighed, "Lily's been pretty persistent on saying no so far. Don't you think you should let her go?"

"For Y/N L/N?? The girl who won't hesitate to kill me in my sleep?"

"Who said anything about the both of you sleeping together?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows.

"Have you given much thought to the two of you in a bed, Prongs?" Remus added, slightly smiling.

"Go back to your book!" James yelled.

"Okay, hear me out!" Sirius was practically jumping on the bed. "If you aren't going to ask her out, does that mean I can?"

"No!"

"Bit too quick to answer there," Remus muttered under his breath, just loud enough for James to make out what he was saying.

"The book, Remus! Back to your book!"

"Why not? Why can't I ask her out either?" Sirius huffed.

"Because!" James was momentarily lost for words. Wait, why can't he ask her out? Then his brain woke up, so he started listing off the obvious excuses. "She's from Slytherin! Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team! My mortal enemy! You can't go out with my enemy!"