29. (Actor) Tom Hiddleston - Bruises and Tea

https://lumosouls.tumblr.com/

Pairing: Tom Hiddleston x reader

Warnings: Mentions of a physical fight, bruises, threatening. (Please tell me if I missed any).

Summary: The reader meets Tom who had had a fight with one of his former friends.

In the library part 2

Word count: 1.6k

----

The sun was already getting near the horizon, making the night sky hang itself upon London. The damp, yet freezing air brushed your skin as your feet took you out of your apartment, to the library. It had been a month since you had met Tom, the both of you were inattentive enough, that you had forgotten to give each other your contact details. Your hand reached for the worn out, rusty handle as the smell of old books engulfed your senses. Mrs. Watson was in her usual place, concentrated on her soap operas. You had borrowed another one of Shakespeare's works for your literature paper.

"Good evening, Mrs. Watson" you beamed as you placed a small box of cookies you had baked on the counter.

"My, my, Y/N, hey, sweetheart. What a pleasant surprise!" She gushed at you, taking one of the cookies, placing it in her tea, to wetten it, to make chewing easier.

"I just came to return this" you said placing the book next to the box of cookies. Your teeth sank in the soft flesh of your bottom lip in nervousness.

"H..Has Tom...that guy, from the other day..has he ever showed up here?" You asked looking around nervously.

"I can see you flustered there, child, and unfortunately, no, he hasn't come here since that day" she said with a small sympathetic smile.

You nodded, your shoulders slumping a little, the little hope to meet him once more, just to glance at those blue crystal eyes, got crushed up into small pieces that sank into your heart. "Thank you, Mrs. Watson" you mumbled while forcing out a small smile, a curt nod following it, as you moved to the exit.

"Stupid, stupid" you repeated to yourself as your hands dug deeper into your trench, forming tight fists, trying to soothe your frost bitten hands. "You should have asked for his number or at least hinted that he'd ask yours" Your head turned to the shops and stores you were walking past. People were happily purchasing products, the balloons from Valentines still hung in some shops.

Your steps came to a halt when your eyes met a familiar face you wanted to see oh so much. It was Thomas. Your eyes sparkled in an instant and lost their sparkle just as quickly when you practically went inside to see him with a heaving chest, his cheek bruised, and a man laying under his legs.

Your eyes widened as you made eye contact with him "T..Tom" your voice quivered as you ran to him, your eyes scanning all over his beaten state. His jaw clenched at his vulnerable state.

"Y/N, oh Lord, sweetheart, I had been searching for you, but, but" he held your forearms, though his eyes fell on the man who groaned while standing up, making you look in the same direction as him. He softly pushed you behind him in a protective manner, his eyes digging holes in the man who was rubbing his chin.

"Nick, go before I kill you right here" his voice was below a whisper, but constant and stern, making you grip his bicep. "For hell's sake, it was years ago, get over it" the man, Nick, spit through his gritted teeth as he stepped backwards and then turned away and left.

Your eyes watched him leave and then set back on Thomas who was looking at you. "I'm sorry, for..this" he pointed his wound and the half-torn clothes. You were about to speak up but then stopped, realising that all eyes were set on the both of you and the manager was stood in front of you and Tom, expecting you to leave.