155. (MCU) Loki Laufeyson - Purpose

https://cosmicloki.tumblr.com/

summary: even after literally destroying and releasing the timeline together, loki still had doubts about your trust in him.

pairing: loki laufeyson x female! reader

word count: 3k

warnings: if you haven't seen the full loki series, lots of spoilers! slight angst, sad!loki, emotional!loki, a lot of fluff, mentions about infinity war's events

-----

"I like it when you do that thing." You murmured in a soft tone, meeting those unruly blue eyes that you had gotten so used to seeing so much lately, after so long. You had managed to find light among all the darkness in them and he was aware of it, for that reason he had decided to stay by your side. You gave him that familiar and cozy warmth he needed in that horrible and gloomy place, you made him feel at home, and he literally had only met you a couple of days ago, when you had suddenly appeared to take him out of the TVA.

You were not used to see him, still alive, with brightness in his eyes, with color in his cheeks, with warmth in his touch. The last time you had seen him you had him right in your arms, his eyes and nose bleeding, his skin as pale as snow, his body cold, frozen, lifeless.

Thanos had killed him in front of your eyes. And you blamed yourself, of course, if you had been more agile, stronger, maybe you wouldn't be in the Time Variation Authority and you wouldn't have to see the unfamiliarity in his eyes every time he looked down at you.

The first time he saw you he completely mistrusted you, of course, just as he had the first time you two had exchanged glances years ago. It was quite a heart-breaking visualization to see. It hurt as much as the last time you saw him, as beautiful as ever.

Stephen Strange knew he had made a mistake just immediately after he told you about the existence of the agency and that Loki was still alive. He had even forbidden you to interfere with all that, let alone even talk to the variant, but however, there you were, sitting right beside of who had been your dead lover just after you had literally freed the Timeline itself. Deep down you knew all the bad things and consequences your decision would bring, but honestly, you didn't give a crap. You had once promised Thor that you would do anything for his little brother's well being and that was exactly what you were doing.

He was your purpose, your beginning and your end, your rise and your downfall.

Loki twisted his head, looking quite confused at your abrupt statement, after all that had just happened. You were literally in the biggest and catastrophic inconvenience of your lives. "What thing do you mean?"

You were both sitting in one of the many rooms of the large TVA building, Sylvie had just teleported you there, you could even faintly hear the chaos reigning outside, but the only thing you could focus on at that moment was the god sitting next to you. Even when the whole world was burning, your eyes were unconsciously drawn to him, of course.

"The fireworks thing you do, you've never shown me that before. That―" Raising your hand, you made a weird motion with it, so you could show him with more specificity, spreading your fingers almost in a ridiculous way. Seeing your hand opening as an attempt to copy his trick, Loki raised a single eyebrow, looking amused. "I guess even after all those years you still kept a lot of your little magic tricks."

"I used to show you my magic tricks?" Loki inquired with curiosity shining in his beautiful blue eyes. You liked the fact that he was curious to know about your relationship with him, seeing him on that tape Mobius had shown him had been quite shocking to him, for he had never imagined he would fall in love, let alone with a woman from Earth, a planet that, until a few days ago, he had planned to reign and subdue with all his might practically all his life.