24. (MCU) Peter Parker/Andrew G. - The Spider and the Sunflower

https://spidervee.tumblr.com/

Summary: The questions continue, long past twenty-one. The more you find out about Peter, the more you want to know—he tells you that if he found a hundred dollars on the street he'd donate it to a food bank and that the TL;DR version of his life is "Art, panic, loss, and student loans." When he asks you if you have any tattoos, you wink coyly before laughing and telling him you don't. Then, when you ask the person he'd love to tattoo more than anyone else in the world, he returns your teasing smile and replies that it's you. -> or, tattooartist!peter meets florist!reader
Words: 9.8 k (i'm sorry!)

18+ only fem!reader; cursing; mentions of: food, tattooing, cheating, debt, grief, drugs; implied masturbation; shitty boyfriends (not peter); arguing; peter and reader are both pining idiots; sexual innuendo; smut (fingering, oral, shower sex) inexperienced!peter; there's a whole ass plot in this; not proofread. please validate me.

------

wisteria for welcoming

The sign goes up on a Saturday afternoon, just as you're returning from delivering bridal bouquets to three different addresses. Ink Trails. The lettering is unassuming; the logo, simple—a black spider with extended legs that give off the impression of dripping ink. Perhaps you'd been expecting something more...gothic or biker-esque, so you're pleasantly surprised by the artistry of it, the delicate lines and soft curves of its insectoid body.

You stifle a yawn, air conditioning barely keeping your eyes from drooping, watching from the driver's seat of your car as an older woman carries navy blue and grey throw cushions as well as large canvases filled with photography of various New York landmarks into the shop next door. Surely, she can't be your new neighbour. She looks far too delicate, too quintessentially motherly to—you stop yourself from the pending judgement; you know it's unfair and decide that you'll have to introduce yourself.

"Hello?" You step delicately into the shop, hoping you're not intruding, immediately noting the absence of a bell or chime to announce your arrival. Briefly, you cast your eyes around the interior of what had, up until last month, been a dry cleaner's—it's much more aesthetically pleasing now.

To your left is a small waiting area with mismatched wingback chairs and a small table strewn with a collection of coffee table photography books. A few titles stick out to you: Dogs!, Sneakers x Culture, and Hubble. It's an eclectic collection, to say the least, but it stirs your interest. Behind the front desk, where you stand now, is an open area with two black tattoo beds, each beside a workstation with its own metallic cabinet topped with various tools and implements you don't know the name of.

"Can I help you, dear?"

You glance over in time to see the older woman from outside come out of a private room at the back of the shop, her hair falling from the loose bun that's tied at the nape of her neck.

"Hi," you greet her with a small wave, using your free arm to balance the arrangement you'd popped into your own shop to grab before heading over here. "I own the shop next door—The Greenhouse—and I just wanted to stop in and say welcome." You hold out the arrangement in her direction as she walks over smiling so warmly it reminds you of summer afternoons spent with your grandmother.

"That's very kind, dear, thank you." She takes the flowers from you and sets the vase on top of the front counter, right by a list of rules that begins with Tattoos are by appointment only. "Peter is lucky to have such a friendly neighbour."

"Peter?"

"My nephew," she explains, "This is his place, of course, I'm just here to help him tidy and get everything set up."