58. (MCU) Bucky Barnes - Lovers' Quarrel

https://itsapeterthing.tumblr.com/

pairing: bucky barnes x rogers!readersummary: when you married your brother's best friend in 1941, the two of you had always promised to stick together and you did just that- even following him to wakanda where you trained alongside the dora milaje. When you find out that bucky's released zemo from prison behind your back... needless to say you're pissed.word count: 2.4kwarnings: swearing, reader and bucky fighting

You couldn't understand why your husband would keep something so big such a secret from you. You had spent seventy years in ice for those you loved. You had become a super soldier for those you loved. You had spent two years off the grid in hiding for those you loved... and your husband couldn't even tell you the truth? You would have tried to understand- helped him even- but he had chosen instead to keep you in the dark, leaving you to find out about his actions second hand from those who felt just as betrayed as you.

As you stood in the threshold of the room, spotting the five men, you could feel almost nothing but rage coursing through your veins. The tension was so thick in the room, you swore you could cut it with a knife... but you decided that a spear would do.

Throwing your arm back and tossing the spear forward, you watched as it stuck itself into the column between Sam and John Walker- the man posing as your brother.

When the spear collided with the wall, everyone's eyes immediately snapped onto you and you could of sworn it almost felt good to watch the fear in your husband and Sam's eyes when they spotted you, knowing just by the look on your face that they had messed up... and you weren't one to let things like that slide.

"Y/n-" Bucky began.

With a straight face you turned your head to the side, unable to look at him, instead turning your attention to the Dora Milaje as they entered the apartment.

"Even if he is a means to your end... time's up." Ayo spoke in Xhosa before switching to English. "Release him to us now."

You could feel Bucky's eyes burning into you, but you remained steadfast, watching the scene unfold in front of you.

"Hi. John Walker." The new Cap attempted to introduce himself. "Captain America."

Although you were enraged beyond compare upon finding out that the government had chosen a new man to take your brother's place, you almost wanted to laugh at how poorly he was handling the situation.

When neither of the two women in front of him said anything, he continued.

"Well , uh." John said. "Let's put down the pointy sticks and we can talk this through, huh?"

God, he was handling this poorly, wasn't he? You would find it funny if he wasn't so incredibly ignorant.

"Hey, John, take it easy." Sam said looking between you and the two other women in the room. "You might want to fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje."

"The Dora Milaje don't have jurisdiction here." John insisted.

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be."

Rather than standing to the side and allowing the group of skilled warriors to take what- or rather who- they wanted and leave, Walker couldn't help but instigate.

As soon as his hand landed on Ayo's shoulder, you knew he would regret that decision.

Immediately the two women began fighting- one taking on John Walker and the other Lemar. You had known the women long enough to know that they could handle the situation themselves without breaking a sweat. Still standing in the doorway, you crossed your arms watching as one began choking Lemar with her spear, the other sticking her spear into Steve's... John's shield.