119. (Narnia) Peter Pevensie - Isolated

https://thepremedthatwrites.tumblr.com/

request: You had married Peter as an arrangement. There was no love involved. At least that's what you thought but things can change. While you may have been unsure of your feelings for the High King, you were certain of one thing: your loneliness.

warning: slight smut in the beginning

-----

Peter's warm breath tickled my neck as he moaned into my ear. I could feel him spill into me, my back arching in response. We stayed in place for a moment, both of us panting, until he climbed off of me. Peter slowly climbed out of bed, his back muscles flexing as he bent down to grab his clothes. I watched motionless as he put on his clothes. "Are you going to get dressed?" he asked, his voice void of any emotion.

"Yeah," I replied, my voice hoarse causing me to clear my throat. "In a minute." He nodded, quickly fixing his clothes before leaving the room. I let out a sigh, staring at the ceiling. My heart rate had returned to normal as I rolled out of bed. I quickly dressed, fixing my hair before leaving the room.

I toyed with the ring that rested on my ring finger as I made my way down the hall. I opened the large doors to reveal a nursery. I smiled as I picked up the child from the crib. "Hello Ollie," I said, rocking the baby back and forth in my arms. He had his father's bright blue eyes which were wide with bewilderment as he reached out to grab a strand of my hair that hung over him. I chuckled, gently removing the hair from his grasp. "That's mommy's hair silly," I said softly.

"I still don't get why you married her," a voice on the other side of the door said.

"Susan, we've been over this," another voice replied calmly. It was Peter's. "It was the best way to calm the tension between our nation and Calormen."

"It's stupid is what it is," Susan replied. "You were in a perfectly happy relationship with Maria."

"I know," Peter sighed. "But I have to put my nation before my feelings."

"Well, what about Maria's feelings? Don't you think hers are important too?" Peter stayed silent. "I guess Narnia is more important than her too." The sound of heels could be heard getting gradually softer before being completely inaudible. I could hear Peter sigh before the door to the room slowly started to open.

I immediately turned my head to Ollie who had already started to suck on my breast. "I didn't know you were in here." I turned to Peter.

"I always feed Ollie at this time," I stated before turning my attention back to my baby. I could feel Peter linger near the door. I turned to see him looking around the room. "I'll be done soon. Then you can be with him." Peter nodded at this, putting his hands behind his back and walking around the room, inspecting the decorations.

"You didn't hear anything before, did you?"

"Hear what?" I lied, suddenly glad that Ollie had decided that he was full.

"Nothing," Peter said as I put Ollie back in his crib and adjusted my dress to cover myself. I inhaled sharply as I felt Peter make his way to the crib, his body only inches from mine. "He has your nose," Peter pointed out.

"And your eyes," I replied. I hoped that my heartbeat wasn't as loud as I thought it was as Peter smiled down at Ollie.

"He does, doesn't he." I nodded, clearing my throat and sliding away from Peter who had slowly made his way closer to me. "He's all yours," I said quickly, already making my way towards the door.

"Thank you," Peter replied. I turned to him, giving a quick nod before leaving the room. I felt my face burn up as I made my way to the library. My brain replayed the feeling of Peter's body so close to mine. The doors slammed behind me as I made my way to a secluded corner, not wanting anyone to see me in such a state. Why was I freaking out over something so small? Surely Peter and I had been in much more intimate situations. But the way we were standing so close, looking down at the child we had both created. It was like we were a true family filled with love and admiration. No. That was stupid.