65. (Jurassic World) Owen Grady - The Way Back

https://fandom-what-ifs.tumblr.com/

Hey! Can you do an Owen Grady x reader that takes place in the sene where Claire comes to convince Owen to come with her to save the Dino's, but when she gets there and is talking to him the reader comes out of his RV in only his shirt and he introduces the reader as his girlfriend, which then has to come along with them because she knows a lot about dinosaurs and how to track them and take care of them?

WARNINGS: None.

WC: 1,467

-----

The pounding rhythm of Owen's hammer has become the telltale beat of your life as of late. You wake up every morning, work on the cabin until the sun gets to the opposite horizon, then turn in only to do it all again the next day. While some may see it as a monotonous way of living, you and Owen relish in the blandness of it all. After everything the two of you have been through...It's nice to have a reason to be bored every once in a while.

It's a peaceful morning. You wake up to the sound of the wind whistling through the trees and, of course, your boyfriend working on the cabin. Yawning, you glance over at the clock to see it isn't even past ten yet. So, when you get up, rather than getting dressed in your clothes for the day, you instead choose to throw on one of Owen's shirts that had been discarded carelessly on the nightstand.

After making yourself some toast, you lean back against the counter and begin to eat your breakfast. Not a single care has passed through your mind all morning, so you didn't notice that Owen's hammering had stopped until you were nearly done with your toast and realized that it was quiet.

Too quiet.

Eyes widening, you drop your last bit of toast and the plate onto the floor with a loud clatter. You practically sprint to the door, flinging it open and rushing down the steps to the grass. After seeing that Owen is not on his ladder, you turn around, scanning the field for your boyfriend. "Owen?" you call, trying your best to keep the panic out of your voice.

"(y/n)?" You whirl around toward Owen's voice. He's only a couple of yards away from the RV, and some of the tightness in your chest dissipates just to see him standing there. He frowns worriedly and takes a step toward you. "Are you okay?"

You take a deep breath, trying to calm your still-pounding heart. After the whole ordeal at Jurassic World and you and Owen got together, the two of you promised each other that you wouldn't go anywhere without telling the other, whether it be a phone call, text, or in person. Both of you are still traumatized from the event in different ways, so to realize that it's been a couple of minutes since the hammer suddenly stopped and Owen still hasn't come back in the RV made you panic a little.

Sagging in relief, you run a hand through your tangled hair. "Yeah, I just...I didn't hear you, and I got nervous..." Owen nods in understanding, but movement behind him catches your eye. You blink in surprise to see another, semi-familiar woman in yours and Owen's little field. "Who's this?" you ask, walking toward the pair.

"Oh, um, my name's Claire," the woman greets you and shakes your hand when you approach. Her smile is warm, and you smile back only after determining that hers is genuine. Her eyes flick to the over-sized shirt you have thrown over yourself and you shift uncomfortably. "And you are?" she asks politely.

"This is (y/n)," Owen introduces you and rests a reassuring hand on the small of your back. "She's my girlfriend." He catches your eye and nods toward the redhead. "Claire and I used to work together."

Your mouth parts slightly in surprise and you look at Claire again with raised eyebrows. "Claire Dearing." After a moment's hesitation, she smiles thinly and nods again. "Wow. I've heard a lot about you. Mostly from afar. I used to work at the park."