27. (HP) Regulus Black - She's A Fighter

https://stylesparker.tumblr.com/

PAIRING: Regulus Black x Fem!Reader

WORD COUNT: 2.3k

------

There was a good reason that you delayed telling Sirius about your relationship with the youngest Black brother. For Sirius, it was hard to believe Regulus could be anything like loving, caring, or even remotely kind. The fact that he pulled you amazes him. But it pisses him off even more.

In his eyes, you could do so much better. You know better though.

After awhile, James and Remus got used to you hanging out with him after class and on the weekends. You only have one class together, but since Remus is also in there, he likes to spy on you sometimes. Of course they were skeptical at first since they don't really know him all that well and they only know of what Sirius has said. But that's almost the exact reason you started talking to him.

It was one afternoon in the library when you were returning one of your books that you had seen him in the far corner reading a book. You hadn't meant to be snoopy, but he was sort of in the section you usually go to, so you had made your way over there to grab a book. While you were searching for Advanced Potion Making, you hadn't noticed Regulus had been observing you ever since you came in. Again, he didn't mean to be nosy either, but it seemed the both of you took an interest in the other.

When you finally had looked over at him, that was when you realized he had your book. You sighed, thinking you'd just come back tomorrow and see if he was done yet, but as you made your way down the aisle, you felt a light tap on your shoulder. When you turned around, there was Regulus, standing stiffly with his arm outstretched with the book in hand. He looked almost nervous, but it seemed like he was more shy than scared. Your eyes had widened in confusion wondering why he'd come over here.

"Here, you can have it," he said quietly, his eyes cast downward. You could tell he desperately wanted to get out of this conversation already. You mustered the softest smile you could, and took the book from him.

"Thank you," you whispered, nodding your head at him before you turned and left, leaving him in the library with a small smile on his face.

The same thing happened the next day, but you had given him one of the books you had returned alongside the one he gave you. It was about the same routine for about a week; you'd exchange books and a couple words and that was it. You quite liked leaving little notes for him on some of the pages, you figured that would be easier than talking to him about it. Regulus found it adorable, and after every note he'd put one of his own comments about it and return it to you. It wasn't until one late night where you had been up studying for hours for the Potions test the next day, that he had found you in one of the chairs slumped over with a huge book in your lap, that he had decided he was finally going to talk to you.

He took a deep breath, and walked his way over, sitting himself down in one of the chairs. You were so in the zone you hadn't even noticed him, but when he gave a slight cough, your head whipped up and startled him.

"Sorry!" you both exclaimed at the same time. You giggled, putting a hand on your forehead.

"My bad, I didn't see you," you stammered, quickly moving the book out of your lap.

"It's alright," he replied, with a small grin on his face.

You eyed him, "Why are you smiling."

He looked to you, "No reason. I just- I finally worked up the courage to talk to you and the first thing I do is scare you."

You smirked, "You wanted to talk to me?"

Now he blushed, "Don't make this harder for me."

"Oh I would never," you teased. It was from that day on that Regulus had been your friend, and not long after he was more than that. You soon came to find out that he was not like anything anyone assumed of him, especially his brother. He was sweet and kind, and the most reassuring boy you had ever met. He had a fire in him, but unlike Sirius, he had found a way to tame it.