176. (MCU) Steven grant - Good Day

https://oswildin.tumblr.com/

Summary: You and Steven work at the museum together, little did he know you had a crush on the man. After getting yourself into trouble, you and Steven are both punished with an evening in inventory.

Warnings: None! Spoilers for Moon Knight ep 1. Pure fluff.

-----

"You're late."

"Good morning to you too Donna."

You felt rough. Your head was banging and everything was a little too bright. Throwing your jacket on the counter, you leant with your elbows on the surface, putting your face in your hands as you groaned.

"Late night?" Donna questioned, chewing gum as she folded her arms. You only groaned once more in response. "Go out for some nice cocktails? Go on the pull?" She continued, as you knew she was trying to irate you, almost as punishment.

"Please-" You huffed. "Don't mention alcohol." You fought the urge to gag.

"I can smell it on ya." She raised a brow. "Did you even brush your teeth?" You rolled your eyes as you turned to look at her before pursing your lips and blowing air in her direction with a small smile. She grimaced, shaking her head.

"Get yourself in a tidier state." She looked you up and down. "We've got 3 school trip visits today, don't want the teachers thinking I'm running AA meetings in a museum." You watched as she waltzed off, you fought the urge to make a retort, lamely grabbing your jacket from the counter as you dragged yourself towards the staff locker room.

~

You stood at the information desk, feeling your eyes itching to close shut. Luckily you'd found a brush in your locker, deciding you had better try at least to look more presentable. It was a Wednesday. You had gone out on a Tuesday night. You were hanging on a Wednesday. God, you'd hit a new low. Rubbing your temples you didn't notice the person approaching your desk, the chattering of kids around the museum was making your headache worse.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey."

You jumped at the sudden voice in front of you as you felt relieved to see a friendly face. Steven stood before you, a smile on his lips as he held up a pastry bag in one hand and a coffee in a takeaway cup in the other. You almost gagged at the smell of food.

"If you don't take that bag away from me in the next two seconds, you're gonna have vomit over your shirt." He furrowed his brows at your words as he slowly dropped his arms in defeat. "I'll take the coffee though." You pursed your lips, reaching out in a grabby gesture as he immediately popped the cup in your hand.

"Late night?" He asked, raising a brow as you hummed, taking a gulp of the hot liquid.

"Don't give me the lecture, Donna has already done that." You placed the coffee down on your desk next to the leaflet stand as he looked at you closely. "Heads-up, she's on a warpath today."

"Oh, brilliant." He nodded slightly, holding the strap of his bag that hung off his shoulder. "Have you seen the new posters?" He gestures over his shoulder to the entrance. You shook your head.

"Not going to lie Steven, I can just about see you." You commented.

"Right." He paused. "Well, they're wrong. I was gonna tell Donna, but if she's in a mood- Best not." He muttered the last part as you laughed lightly.

"Unless you want to be stuck on inventory, I'd suggest against it." You agreed, but before he could respond, one of the new tour guides had approached you both. You looked over at her as she came over, a sultry smile on her face.