138. (The Devil All The Time) Lee Bodecker - Sugar Pie, Honey Buncy *

https://creme-bruhlee.tumblr.com/

pairing: lee bodecker x fem!reader(y/n)
word count: 4.3k
summary: lee gets tired of your secret rendezvous at work, so he comes to your house and does something about it.
warnings: NSFW/MDNI. explicit language, smut, unprotected sex (pls wear a condom), daddy kink, degradation, infidelity by both parties, loss of virginity, mentions of anal sex

-----

It was quiet. Too quiet. I hated that. The silence let my thoughts run amok and that was never good for anybody, but least of all me. I had a tendency to overthink things, and quiet and still only amplified that. Knockemstiff, Ohio was the absolute worst place to live if you hated silence, because nothing happened in that little town. About twelve years ago, there had been a veteran who killed himself after his wife died, but that was the loudest thing that had ever happened to my little Knockemstiff. I should know; I worked as a secretary at the police station. I heard all of the gossip from around town. Earlier today, someone had been arrested for being drunk, which I think everyone in Knockemstiff could be in violation of. Every other day was quiet. It was hell.

I could hear the crickets way out in the fields as I walked around the house. Those bugs served as my soundtrack as I found a box of matches and quietly slid a few into my mouth, and I padded through the house until I reached the front door. Knockemstiff was the sort of town where people didn't use their front doors unless the Pope was showing up; it was all side doors and garages (if you were lucky enough to have one, which most of us didn't). All that to say, I knew I could smoke by the front door and nobody would smell it.

The night was hot. Oppressive and stifling, nearly suffocating. My skin was tacky against my nightshirt as I struck a match and lit a cigarette, and I leaned up against the side of the house. The moon was full, casting silver light onto my barren front yard and the dirt road that stretched exactly from one side of town to the other that ran in front of the house. It was a weird sort of beautiful. But quiet. Oh so quiet.

Quiet, until I heard the far-off rumbling of a car. It wasn't unheard of to get visitors in the night– usually someone coming to ask me about the police station, because nobody had the balls or willpower to call our sheriff after hours– but the noise drew closer at a snail's pace. Whoever this was wasn't in any hurry at all. Finally, a car rolled up in front of the house, the headlights off. There was a moment where I watched the car, then I sighed when the door wrenched open to reveal Lee Bodecker. The sheriff was a nice enough guy, maybe at the risk of being too nice sometimes and a total prick at others, but I was at a loss for why the hell he'd be here this late at night with his cruiser's lights off. If it were an urgent police matter, he'd have his flashing lights on.

"You shouldn't do that," Sheriff Bodecker told me, his voice carrying across the yard.

"Do what?" I quipped.

His boots brushed the porch as he climbed the steps up, and I caught his eye in the moonlight. "Smoking's unbecoming of a young woman," Bodecker told me pointedly. "Anyway, it's a bad habit."

"You come to lecture me on smoking?" I asked. "I ain't quite finished typing up that arrest report yet, if that's what you're after."

"No, no," Bodecker said. "Nah, I ain't here for that, sugar."

"Oh?" I said, crossing my arms. "And what are you here for?"

"We'll get to that soon enough," Bodecker said. "Ain't you gonna invite me in? It's awful late."

"Exactly why I'm not gonna do that," I said quickly, taking an exaggerated drag on my cigarette. "People talk, Lee. Blowjobs in the supply closet during lunch break are one thing; showing up to my house unannounced at half past midnight is something else. And I ain't gonna be no Whore of Knockemstiff, ya hear me? Run along. I'll see you tomorrow."