84. (Twilight) Seth Clearwater - Soul Mark

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

A witch that moved to forks.

Word Count: 2121

The move from Salem to Forks had been rough. As soon as your family stepped into the house, you put lines of salt in front of every door and window. No matter how many candles you lit, you still couldn't drown out the scent of bloodsucker.

God, there must have been a ton of vampires around here. For good measure, you sprinkled some garlic in the front lawn. It wouldn't keep them away, but at least they'd know they were unwanted.

After everything was set, you cracked a book and took a seat on the couch.

"(Y/N), did you remember to salt the-?"

"Salted all the doors and windows. The vamps should have a tough time getting in." You replied. Your mother smiled and rubbed your shoulder.

"Thank you, honey."

"No problem."

"I reached out to my friend Dianne. Dianne Castor? You know her. She lived here for a while. Said there's a leech infestation."

"I could smell that the minute we got here."

"The amount of ghosts is pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Good."

"But there's something else." Your mother had a look on her face. There was concern there, sure, but there was also a hint of amusement, of excitement, of something you couldn't really place. It was a somewhat expectant look. And given that your mother had the gift of Sight, you knew something was coming.

"What's the look for?"

"Werewolves." She said. In her whisper, was a fair amount of anticipation. "That would explain your-"

"I know, Mom." You cut her off before she could say anything else. On the outside, you were chill, but that didn't stop your heart from racing. Maybe. Probably not, but maybe. "I guess we'll have to see."

"I'm tired from today. I'm gonna head up to bed." Your mother yawned and then gave you a long hug before walking up the stairs. You stood there for a few seconds, listening for the close of her bedroom door. After waiting a little longer, you walked over to one of the unpacked boxes and pulled out an old worn book about creatures and the lore surrounding them.

And then, without another thought, you walked up the stairs.

***

You woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed than you had expected to, given that you had stayed up until like 3 am reading about mythical beings in hope of finding something about werewolves. Sure, you had dealt with vampires before, but werewolves were sort of uncharted territory. You wanted to be prepared.

Unfortunately, there was nothing in that book that could help you.

After stretching and yawning, you got out of bed and went to get dressed. There, etched into your collarbone was something you hadn't expected to see. A Soul Mark.

Some witches had these, and you knew it was always a possibility that you might wake up with one someday, but here it was, and it was shocking. A chill ran up your spine. It was a wolf.

This was no coincidence.

"Mom!" You yelled. She was in the kitchen making some breakfast and came running. The way you had screamed made her afraid something had gotten into the house. A protective ward was drifting around her fingertips as she practically broke down the bathroom door.