16. (HP) Sirius Black - Watercolor Eyes

https://enviedear.tumblr.com/

DESCRIPTION ⌙ in which sirius is the reason for your tears throughout the years— and you his.

PAIRING ⌙ sirius black x fem!reader

WORD COUNT ⌙ 2.9k

------

in all honesty, your love life is almost identical to the sun— terrifying and quick to burn up.

you've had a long string of lovers, and each one made you sure that they were the one. from your fourteenth year to your fresh twenty-first, you've always had someone.

they never last. some last longer than others, but something always seems to go wrong.

sometimes it's you, and sometimes it's them. still, you try. no heartbreak is enough to stop you from trying again. love is a heavily addictive drug for you.

to you, love is a necessity.

the feelings of bliss when they first slip their hand into yours, the giggles accompanied with a first kiss, and the morning light reflecting their hair after a night spent together.

love. such a beautiful thing. and despite the fact you can never seem to get it right, you keep trying. because you're sure someone is bound to be your soulmate, your forever, yours and only yours.

through all of the partners you've had, you hate to admit, you've developed a favorite. how could you not?

and how could it have not been him?

deep dark hair, soft grey eyes, tattooed slender hands, and words as sweet as artificial candy.

sirius orion black. sirius. padfoot. darling. he was all of those names to you once.

now, you weren't sure if he even thought of yours.

but how did you love him. for a long time, and maybe even a bit now, you were sure he was it. all the times you wanted the one, that person that could be yours forever— you were sure it was him.

"darling?" you asked, fingers gently carding through your boyfriends' hair.

sirius' eyes met your own, holding their familiar amusement, "love?"

his tone was slightly mocking, but the way his lips upturned afterward gave away his true sincerity.

"i have the best idea." you grinned, moving your hands to his shoulders, squeezing slightly to emphasize your words.

he hummed a response, eyes still intently watching you.

"me and you. the town square, at the candy store. we bring five pounds, just enough for a bag of rock candy. then we sit at the beach to watch the sun set."

sirius raised a brow, grin plastered onto his stubbly face, "you used to say you hated rock candy, what changed your mind since seventh year?"

you chuckled a bit before responding, "you changed my mind. your lips taste just as sweet— and they're a fine replacement sometimes too."

he brushed his nose against yours, sighing contently, "i think your idea sounds wonderful, love. although, after what you said all i can think about is staying in this damned bed with you until our bodies start to decay."