100. (Sky High) Warren Peace - Just Fine

https://dem-obscure-imagines.tumblr.com/

Just Fine

Prompt: This is it. This is the blog I have been waiting for. Where all of the fics for my favorite characters reside. I LOVE It. Also, can I get a Warren Peace fic for the Color soulmate AU?

Warnings: Teeny bit of angst and then a ton of fluff.

Word Count: 782

The unexpected discovery of your superpowers led to a visit from a stranger which in turn led to transfer papers and a new school. It didn't even really hit you until you got onto the bus (which had seatbelts?) and flew to your new high school in the sky for you to realize that this was actually real. Although, the whole time, you were just waiting to wake up from this weird dream.

According to Coach Boomer, your powers of defense were good enough to get you into the hero class, which you had heard didn't really mean much around here anymore. Sky High was certainly something.

You'd gotten a warm welcome from a girl named Layla who could control plants. She was determined to help you make friends if it was the last thing you did. And sure, it was nice, but you were introverted, to say the least.

She started out slow, introducing you to her boyfriend Will and her best friend Magenta. It wasn't until about a week later that she introduced you to the rest of the gang. You stared at your fingernails. You had painted them a color called "pink", but in a world of black and white, they just appeared light gray.

"Where's Warren?" Will glanced around the cafeteria to look for his friend. "Oh, there he is."

You looked up, and when you did, your eyes met a pair of eyes you could only assume belonged to Warren. The world exploded into color. You gasped, causing the others to look at you. Then they looked at Warren, who was just as shocked. He couldn't move. He was frozen in place. He felt like he was choking. Like he was dying. What was this feeling?

"Are you- did they just-" Will looked back and forth a few times. "Oh my God."

"(Y/N)?" Layla waved a hand in front of your face, trying to snap you out of it. You blinked a few times and finally broke his gaze. His eyebrows scrunched together before he stormed out of the cafeteria.

"Where is he going?"

"Warren! Warren wait!" Layla ran off after him. You wanted to disappear. Given that one of your powers was invisibility, that was an easy fix.

"Great." Magenta sighed while you were still in earshot. "Just great."

***

Warren was sitting out in the courtyard after school. You were invisible, but standing in front of him. He was playing with a flame on the tip of his fingertip, watching the little orange flicker dance. He could see colors now, but he had blown it. Just like everything else, he had pushed you away and now he might never be happy.

"Warren?" you asked quietly. He looked up cautiously, eyes narrowing at the empty space in front of him. "I'm sorry if I'm not what you wanted. I just wanted you to know that-"

"Wait, (Y/N)?" he asked. You slowly revealed yourself. "I am so sorry about earlier. I totally freaked. It's my fault."

You took a few steps closer. He reached out for your hand, and you gave it to him. He gripped it tightly with both of his large warm hands and looked up at you from his spot on the bench.

"When I looked at you for the first time and the world exploded into color...I knew somewhere in my heart that I had to protect you. And I was just afraid that I'd hurt you or fail you or..."

"Well it's a good thing I can protect myself, huh?" you chuckled. He smirked a little. "Warren, I didn't know what love felt like until this afternoon. It was like all of these years, my heart hasn't ever beat, but now it's racing. And I just...I need you. More than anything."

"Believe me. The feeling is mutual." He let go of your hand and held his arms open. You settled onto his lap and wrapped your arms tight around him. He returned the gesture, cocooning you in his arms. Warren closed his eyes and exhaled a long sigh, smiling when he felt your fingers tracing patterns onto his back. "I swear, I'm never gonna hurt you ever, ever again."

"Good." You replied softly. You held onto him tighter.

***

"So...are they gonna be okay?" Will asked. He and the others were watching you and Warren from across the courtyard. They watched as you gave Warren your hand and then as you surrendered to his embrace. Their jaws dropped. They had never seen Warren hug anyone. Ever. And yet there he was holding onto you as though you would slip away.

"Yeah," nodded Layla. "I'd say they're going to be just fine."