175. (MCU) Steven Grant - Take On Me

https://oswildin.tumblr.com/

Summary: You end up on an accidental date with Steven, but it ends up being the best date you could've asked for. It leads into more, but things aren't as simple as they appear. With adoration strong for the man, you take a chance on him. (Minor Marc interaction).

Warnings: None

-----

We're talking away

I don't know what

I'm to say I'll say it anyway

Today's another day to find you

Shying away

I'll be coming for your love, okay?

Wandering the streets in London so late at night probably wasn't your best idea but staying in well lit and populated areas was though. It was 9:45pm, and you were craving something sweet, so decided to head towards your local shop to grab some snacks. It was starting to become a habit, a routine of some sort as you often found it difficult to get to sleep. Staying asleep was fine, but it was the process of getting to sleep that often troubled you, and so it often resulted in you going out for late walks through the bustling city. You had your headphones in as you listened intently to the song that was playing, almost fading out the world around you as you walked. However, once you finally snapped out of your little daze, you looked over to the other side of the street, preparing to cross, when you thought you could see a familiar face. Furrowing your brows and narrowing your eyes to try and focus in on the person, you realised it was in fact a familiar face.

Steven.

Your work colleague Steven.

You worked at the museum as admin, so had very little interaction with the man, but whenever you did he was always so sweet and somewhat nervous. He was currently sat outside a steak house, a box of chocolates on the table with a bunch of flowers on top of them. His own eyes seemed to be searching the area, as if he was looking for someone. A second later, a waiter approached him, as you watched Steven's face fall, his head bowing as he fiddled with the napkins that were on the table. Not long later the waiter left, as Steven seemingly put his head in his hands. He looked distraught. There was no nice way to put it.

You bit your lip, wondering if you should go over, ask if he was ok. If he'd even realise it was you, that is, otherwise he may get weirded out at the fact someone had approached him and intruded on his obviously low moment. Fighting with yourself, it appeared your legs had made the decision for you, as before you knew it you were walking across the road towards the steak house.

You awkwardly shuffled over to his table, as he didn't notice you approaching, his head still in his hands. You felt your heart ache at the man. He was obviously having a very bad day and it was clear he had supposed to be on a date, which you deducted hadn't showed up.

"Steven?" You called to him lightly, causing him to pull his head of his hands, as he looked up at you in bewilderment. His eyes were glossy, as he stared at you. "It's (Y/N)." You continued. "From work..." You further spoke as he instantly nodded.

"Y-yeah." He cleared his throat, sitting back in his chair. "I know." He nodded slightly once again. Of course he knew who you were. You were one of the nicest people who he worked with. And of course, very pretty. There was an awkward silence that settled between you both as you pursed your lips.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt-" He cut you off, scoffing slightly.

"No, no, you're fine." He raised his brows. "I was just-" He looked ahead at the empty chair in front of him. "Having an invisible date. She's quite the catch." He sighed as you gave him a small smile. If there was one thing about Steven, he would always try and find a way to make a joke.