40. (MCU) Steve Rogers - 7 Second Rule

https://eternallytoph.tumblr.com

Summary: A regular day at the compound turns out really great.

Warnings: Fluff, A little tension, Steve in his white shirt

Pairing: Steve Rogers x F!Reader

Word Count: 3k

-----

"Steve! Stop it! You're stronger than I am!" you giggle uncontrollably while Steve has you pinned down on the mat as a result of your last sparring session. "Oh really? You sure do like to talk a lot about how much you could kick my ass. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is sweetheart?" He chuckles back, poking at your sides and tickling you. Steve loses his stance and you push him off of you, he flops over, laying beside you.

"I feel so out of shape whenever I train with you." You chuckle breathlessly while pushing yourself off the ground. Steve pushes himself up and laughs. "You're doing great, you're putting the work in and that's the most important part." He smiles sweetly.

Steve was always a sweetheart. Half of the time it felt like there wasn't a bad bone in his muscular body. He had the sweetest smiles and those perfect blue eyes to top it all off. He really was like a golden retriever but as a man.

"Mind if we use the mat? I would enjoy kicking Sam's ass." Wanda speaks up, her accent spiking through each one of her words. "Let's not get too cocky now. You're what? 5'5?" Sam chuckles back as Wanda glares at him.

"We're done here anyway, go right ahead" Steve smiles before walking side by side with you, out of Sam and Wanda's way. You both sit on the bench, drinking your water and catching your breath. "Who are you betting on?" you ask with a smirk. "Oh, so it's a competition?" Steve replies in an intrigued tone. "I put $20 on Wanda." you smile confidently. "You're on," Steve replies before sternly shaking your hand.

You both watch as Sam and Wanda position themselves. Wanda makes the first move but Sam quickly grabs her arm, twisting it behind her back. Wanda chuckles and loosens her posture like she had given up. Steve chuckles beside you and holds his hand out. You smirk and shake your head at him. He gives you a confused look before looking back at the two on the mat. Sam releases Wanda and chuckles. "I tol-"

Before Sam could even try to finish that sentence, Wanda kicks out his legs and pins him down on the mat. "Yes!" you cheer. She looks up at you with a smile. "That actually works? Men are so stupid sometimes." She chuckles, her accent coating her words.

"Woah Woah, what was that?" Steve asks in pure confusion. "I would also like to know what the hell that was," Sam replies, lying lifeless on the mat. "It's just something I taught Wanda a little while ago, nothing crazy. It doesn't work every time but it's very effective when it does," you reply before taking another drink of water.

"What did you call it again?" Wanda smiles. "3 Second Rule." you smile back. Sam breathlessly chuckles while getting up off the mat. "So what? You just pretend to give up?" Sam asks. "That's what it looked like." Steve chimes in.

"Want me to show you?" you ask Steve. He pauses in confusion before shrugging his shoulders and walking back up to the mat. You follow behind him, Wanda giving you a smile on the way. "Let's do this," Steve smiles.

"Okay, so let's put ourselves in Wanda and Sam's position, just for an example" you state. Steve lightly grabs your arm and holds it behind your back, pressing his chest against your back. You can feel his breath on your neck, tickling your skin.

"Like this?" he asks softly. "Yes.. yeah. Just like this" you stutter. "It has to feel real though, grip my wrist a little tighter. You have to act as if we're really fighting" you instruct. Steve tightens his grip on your wrist and pulls you closer as you tense up and begin to try and free yourself. "Is that as hard as you can go? Come on Steve, imagine I was trying to kill you, or even someone you love. His grip tightens even more and you're secure in his grasp.