More than one

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: Drew calls Karen's psychiatric therapist.

After their first week back at their grandparents house, Jacob and Kali understood that somethings were going to be different with her. So, they knew not to take offense too it and the fact that their grandmother was still "sad" about their uncle they understood. So, after the first week back they decided to get their grandma a few of her favorite things before they left to go home to their mother's house after spending the week at their grandparents.

When they left, Drew had to make a phone call to someone very important.

After the initial greeting over the phone, Drew went straight to it considering the fact that Karen was asleep and so, he knew that now would be the best time to sign her back up for therapy when she wasn't around and he couldn't do it at his job because he would be too busy focusing on the church.

"And you say they've come back?" The psychiatrist asked him over the phone and Drew worriedly said, "Yes" to her.

"Have they tried to put her in any danger as of recently?" She asked him as she was writing everything down. "Well not this week." Drew said. "But the first time they came back which was a few weeks ago one of them threw a tantrum so, much that she banged her hands on my desk until it bled and I had to put bandages on it to stop the bleeding so, she wouldn't need stitches. But later on the next day I found out that they took them off and just made the wound worse than what it was before." Drew said and he could hear her psychiatrist get worried about her.

"And then when I was driving after that whole entire scene I don't know what happened or what made her tick but she just grabbed the steering wheel and it almost made us get into a car accident on the road. Thankfully, the roads were somewhat clear but there were still a few cars there and we swerved a little bit." Drew told her. And so, he could hear the psychiatrists writing it all down. "I mean everything that I'm telling you is kind of out of order chronologically speaking. But it still happened and I'm worried about my wife." Drew told her. "She's been talking to herself a lot more lately and she just stares at the wall for an unusual amount of time. And when she does that it's like she changes into a different person.

"And when do you say she would talk too herself?" The psychiatrist asked him. "Well it's mostly in the daytime. I haven't heard her talking to them at night." Drew said wanting to correct her.

"Okay." She simply said catching onto how she said them. "And how many people would you say that she's talking too?" The psychiatrists asked. "Two. It's just those two." Drew said to her.

"Mmhm." She said clicking her teeth as she put her pen and notepad down.

"Well, I'll see if I could get an open spot for her sometime next week since these spots are full this week." She told him. "But can't you move it up?" Drew asked her. "Look, I know you're worried about her. And I've worked with Karen before with this you just gotta trust her that she'll have power over them until I can sign her in. But the best thing I can do for you is to enroll her which I'm doing right now." She told him. "Tell me this is she still taking her medication that I gave to her the last time?" She asked, Drew. " Yes she is and sometimes they work but not all the time." Drew told her. "I'm just more worried about her because our grand kids met one of them and it wasn't that pretty of a picture to look at." Drew told her. "And I wanna be able to trust my wife around our grand kids when I'm away again and not to have too keep them away from her because of her disorder." Drew said. "I understand." She said nodding her head.

"Tell you what as soon as the first date opens up next week I'll call you back so, you can immediately bring her in." She told him. "And also..." She said before taking a short pause.

"Make sure all dangerous objects are away from her." She told him. "But how am I supposed to do that when they make even the harmless objects dangerous?" Drew asked her. "Just have someone watching her discreetly." She told her. "Try not to trigger her and don't let her get overwhelmed. If you see her getting overwhelmed try to defuse it quickly so, they won't arise within her." The psychiatrists told her. "But until then try to keep her safe from herself." She told he agreed saying, "Okay Thank you, Dr.Womack." Drew said to their favorite psychiatrists after he hung up the phone.

When he hung up the phone, Drew sighed hoping that the rest of the day would go by without any mishaps.

After, Drew had gotten off the phone he went upstairs to  there bedroom only to find his wife lazily dancing around in a circle  not paying attention to anything at all. So, he just stopped to watch  his wife for a moment to see what she had been doing this whole time  thinking that she had took a nap earlier on.

So, here she was  just dancing around in their room more like spinning and then she went  to go spread her arms to turn around only to find that her husband had  been watching her the whole entire time. "Uhhhh. Karen?" Drew called his  wife making her gasps in shock stopping her in tracks from just  mindlessly dancing or so it seemed.

"Drew." Karen said shocked as she  immediately stopped what she was doing not realizing that she was just  mindlessly dancing after having a flashback moment.

And so, Drew walked closer into their room with Karen finally sitting down at the edge of the bed after being knocked out of her trance-like state.

"Soooo...?" Karen said kind of awkwardly biting her lip and Drew knew that she was nervous about being caught.

And so, Drew just sat down on the edge of their bed sitting right next to her to kind of signal to her that he wasn't afraid to be next too her like most people would've been if they've caught their loved ones dancing like no one was watching.

So, Drew just looked at his wife placing a comforting hand on the side of her cheek as she looked down at her free hand that was laying on the bed and they just sat there in silence for a moment while Karen looked down at the bed a bit embarrassed about what had just happened softly feeling her husband's touch on her cheek while he took his other free hand and gently holding her nervous hand that was laying on the bed fidgeting.

"It'll be okay." Drew whispered to her kissing her on the lips with the both of them knowing that she still needed help.

To be continued...

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

Did y'all miss seeing Dr.Womack? 🌚

Do y'all think that Dr.Womack is going to be the same as she was in my first two KCS books or a little bit different?

How did y'all feel about that scene where Karen was dancing around in their bedroom? Do y'all think she was remembering something and her reality got warped into thinking it was real?

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!