Justice For All

Notes: Karen gets her day in court.

It was two weeks later and Karen was finally off of bed rests from falling in the bathtub shower.
She had been anticipating the court case since some updates were made too it. The police had received her statement from Drew after he had dropped it off into the hands of the detective who had been working on their case since the beginning when they were focusing only on the break-in and he was with them every since knowing that he would do right by them.

Once that had happened they had pressed charges against Dorinda which meant that she was arrested only a few days later in front of her family and friends.

The arrest:

It was a Friday night and Dorinda's face was almost healed from when Karen and Jacky had fought her. But she still had a few friends over as well as family just as they were asking her if she was gonna support Karen in the upcoming case. But so far they've gotten only shrugs from her which seemed weird to them because they thought that those two were the best of friends as well as being sisters.

So, when it was 6:30pm that's when she heard banging on her front door. And when she looked through her window she swung the door open in shock not knowing what was about to happen.

"Is this the house of Dorinda Clark-Cole?" One of the police officers asked her holding up their badge. "Yes who's asking?!" Dorinda smartly said wrapping her red robe around her. "Dorinda Clark-Cole you are being arrested for the attempted murder of Karen Clark-Sheard you have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be held against you." The police officer said quickly cuffing Dorinda and letting her have a surprising look on her face as she was getting pried out of her house.

"This is a MISTAKE I WOULD NEVER TRY TO KILL MY SISTER I'M BEING SET UP I SWEAR I AM!" Dorinda hollered and lied through her teeth. "CALL MY LAWYER!" Dorinda yelled at her family members as they went out of the house following behind her as the police officers was putting her in there cars.

And once, Dorinda was taken away they had locked up her house and left.

"Drew I can't believe that I'm doing this or even have to do it." Karen said as she kept messing with her outfit for today trying to make sure that it was right for court considering the fact that it was a high profile case since she came from a famous and legendary family.

"Karen it's not your fault about what happened trust me. You have no control over your sister and she's the one who you put you through this if she was a better sister to you she wouldn't have tried to do what she did." Drew told her trying to make his wife feel a little better before her case.

"But how I'm supposed to face them huh? Knowing that my sister done that to me." Karen said referring to the fact that her sister had basically ordered out a hit on her if they wanted to go that route and say that.

"Karen you have wanted to see them in cuffs since the day they had left you for dead. Remember all of what you had wanted to say too them. I mean you even practiced it." Drew told her lifting up his wife's chin. "And I still cry while trying to say it I'm a look weak too them. Drew I can't do it. I can't do this I'm NOT GOING!" Karen hollered out marching out of there bedroom and slamming the door behind her but Drew had to go after her and follow her to talk some sense into her.

And when he went after his wife he found her crying in the in-home studio that they have while sitting on the floor with her back against the wall.

"Just leave me here. I don't wanna think about it today. I thought about it enough." Karen cried wiping her tears with her tissue in her hand.

"Karen it's okay to feel nervous about today but what we're not gonna do is quit. We worked to hard to get them in court. We found everyone that was involved with the break-in and with the fire." Drew told her. "You can do this." Drew said to her as he held his wife's hand.