Part 3

With warm ups done and dusted and after Jill's speech, I found myself standing in the tunnel. Waiting to walk out I felt myself growing more nervous with each second that went by.

Christen walked up to me and pulled me in a hug. "No need to be nervous, superstar. You got this."

"I hope so." I mumbled, wrapping my arms tightly around her, finding comfort in her embrace. Christen always seemed to sense my mood. Whether I'm nervous, sad, happy, she always is able to call me out on it. How she does it? No clue.

When the ref gave the signal, she released me from the hug and took her place. Once we were on the field we did all the pre match stuff and got to our positions. I looked around the stadium to see if I could spot my boyfriend but to no avail. He's not here. Shocker. I should have expected it but right now that doesn't matter. Right now I have a game to play. A game I want to win.
So as Kelley would so nicely put it, let's fucking go!

Mason's pov

"Come on Mase, hurry up will ya?" Dec said while practically dragging me through the stadium. Currently we were at the Emirates Stadium for the game between the Lionesses and the USA.

We grabbed some drinks and went to find our seats, who happen to be very close to the field. The moment we sat down, the women walked out on the field. Declan talked away, but my eyes were glued to one particular girl.

"Yow Mase, you listening?" Declan nudged me bringing me back to reality.

"Uhm what?" I looked at him confused. He just laughed. "You okay there mate? Maybe you should wipe that drool off your face?"

Instinctively I reached up to my mouth, making Declan laugh even more. "Shut up!" I hit his shoulder. The girls did their pre match stuff and took their positions.

"Hey Dec, do you happen to know who number 7 of the States is?" I asked him, looking at the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Declan looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "You're really telling me that you don't know who that is?"

"Yes I'm telling you that I don't know who that is. If I did, I wouldn't have asked you who it was, now would I?" I sassed back.

"Okay geez, no need to be snippy about it." He said while holding up his hands. "But seriously man, that's Eleanor Queen. She is the rising star of the team. Not just on their national team but also here in England."

"She plays here?!" I looked at him shocked. The whistle blew, indicating that the game had started. Declan was watching the game now. "Yeah, she was 12 when she joined the Arsenal Academy. 3 years later she made her Arsenal debut with the senior team. Been on it ever since."

"Impressive." I said, focusing on the game now, but really I was just watching that one girl. A certain brunette with the number 7, wearing a USA jersey. Let's see if she's more than just the looks.

Back to Ellie's pov

Our lineup for today was the usual. Alyssa in goal. Kelley, Becky, Abby and Ali in defense. Moe, me and Allie in midfield with Christen, Alex and Megan up top.

The first 20 or so minutes weren't really spectacular. Both teams were taking it easy to get a good feel with each other. I was getting enough of it to be honest. So I decided to have some fun with it.

In the 27th minute I received a cross from Kelley. Instantly I was surrounded by 3 England players, not giving me any space. I looked around to see what my options were, but I found none. Time to work my magic I guess.

I took a deep breath and dribbled my way around the 3 England players. It took me some afford but I managed to dribble all 3 of them. In the corner of my eye I saw Pressy running towards the goal. I crossed the ball all the way to the other side of the field, perfectly in Christen's path. She took the ball up the field but was forced to the side. I made my way to the box, staying back a little, knowing that her only option was to either bring the ball in the box or play it to me.