Part 51

I woke up an hour or so later on a medical bed in a dimly lit room. My groaning gave away that I was waking up, medical staff but more specifically Dawn and Jill rushed towards me.

Although I was slightly disoriented and confused as to how I ended up here, I felt better than I had at the press conference.

"What happened?" I got out but my voice was rough and my throat was dry.

"You fainted right after the press conference." Dawn handed me some water for me to drink.

"Oh."

"Oh? That's all you have to say? What were you thinking?" Jill came to stand next to Dawn. She was angry.

"Jill, I'm sorry. I never wanted to compromise the team and I know I didn't play like I normally would but I still played okay. I even scored a goal and gave an assist." I tried to defend myself, sitting up in the process with my legs degeling from the bed.

"You think I care about the game?! Queenie, you endangered yourself. You're severely dehydrated. It was so bad that you were on the verge of going to the hospital." Her anger slowly subsided for worry. I just kept looking at the ground, finding it very interesting.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Jill came to sit next to me and pulled me into a side hug. "I know you are. Just next time tell us."

"I will." I leaned into her more, resting my head on her shoulder. 

"Rest up." She patted my thigh and got up. "I want you to rest till at least the second to last training. Then we'll see whether or not I can sub you in at half time." This got my attention immediately.

"What? No! Jill please. I need to play." I begged her.

She sighed. I was not going to go down without a fight and she knew that.

"I'll rest, I'll do every recovery you want me to do but at least give me a chance to prove to you during the last training that I'm okay again. If I'm not, then fine, you can bench me but please give me the chance." I pleaded and it seemed to work.

"Fine but Dawn will check on you every hour or so and you are not to leave your room unless it's for dinner or recovery. Got it?" She sternly looked at me.

I eagerly nodded at my coach. "Yes ma'am." She just shook her head.

So after I got changed and the youngsters and Kelley were told to make sure I would rest enough we went back to the hotel. Once my head had hit my pillow I was asleep.

The next morning I felt a lot better than the previous days. It was the first time in two days that I could keep something down. After our recovery we traveled back to Reims.

The girls were doing some light training that I wasn't allowed to do which left me alone in my room. That was till someone knocked on my door.

Opening the door, hands immediately grabbed my face. The Spanish midfielder who they belonged to, looking me up and down worried.

"If you want to check me out, you could have just asked." I smirked.

I received a glare instead.

"I'm gonna shut up now."

"You better. What happened? Are you okay?" Now she was worried.

"Ooh, you're worried about me. That's cute."

She let go of my face and hit my shoulder instead.

"You know what? Nevermind. Clearly you're a lot better."