Part 38

Alexia's pov:

It was the sun that was starting to creep inside the room that had woken me up. Slightly opening one eye I was met with a beautiful sight. Eleanore was still passed out and had her head on my chest. Well not only her head. The girl was practically laying on top of me. Not that I was complaining.

For a minute there I took it all in. How some strands of hair had fallen out of her bun and onto her face. The soft and easy breaths she was taking. The way she had her face snuggled into my chest. It broke my heart to see her so heartbroken last night and there was absolutely nothing I could do. I wished I could take away her pain but sadly, I couldn't. All I could do was be there for her and be her shoulder to cry on.

After some time laying there, I needed to go to the bathroom. Carefully I removed the sleeping girl off of me and made my way out. When I was done I decided to go downstairs and see if I could make some coffee or some breakfast for everyone.

I was in the midst of making breakfast when someone scared the living crap out of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

It was Leah who had apparently just woken up as well. She laughed at my jumpiness and walked up to the kitchen counter.

"Good Morning by the way."  She greeted me.

"Good morning. I don't really know whether the English stereotype over tea is true but I made some coffee. It's over there inside that pot."

"Oh, you're a gift sent from God. The stereotype is definitely true but I need my coffee." She grabbed a mug and filled it up. Then she took a seat on the table.

"I hope you don't mind that I made myself at home in your kitchen. I was awake and I wanted to make you guys breakfast."

"No, not at all. Make yourself at home. Do you want some help with that?"

"It's fine. Just enjoy your coffee. It's the least I could do for you guys."

Nah, no worries. It's you I need to thank for being there for Eleanore. Speaking of her. Where is she anyway? Is she already out for her run?" Leah asked, confused.

"No, she's still sleeping." I said nonchalantly. My focus was on the pancake that was currently on my stove, not the blonde defender. So I would have totally missed the shocked look on her face if it wasn't for her reaction.

"Wait, what?"

I looked up from my cooking project and focused on the blonde instead.

"She's still sleeping." I looked at her confused. I mean why is she so surprised? It's eight thirty in the morning.

"Are you sure?"

"Last time I was in the room she was still sound asleep. Why are you so surprised?"

"It's just she never sleeps in this long. The longest she stayed in bed was 7 o'clock and then she had a good night." Leah looked down at her hands clearly worrying about her. It was obvious that she wanted to help the American but she didn't know how.

"Well she's still sleeping as far as I know. I think she hasn't woken up since she fell asleep." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You truly are a gift sent from God. She really needs that sleep." She chuckled.

"Well then good thing she's still asleep. Do you guys have practice today?"

"Yeah we do but don't worry we don't have to wake her up for at least another 2 hours or so."

I just nodded and put the pancake that was finally ready on the stack. We had fallen in a comfortable silence. I was making pancakes and Leah was reading the paper.