Part 27

Ever since my talk with Alexia and Leah I felt a lot better. It was like those talks liberated me from everything that had held me back, well kind of. I still had nightmares, the annoying flashbacks and panic attacks but my relationships and soccer were going a lot better.

I made it my goal to make it up to all of my friends that I had treated badly. I started with Leah, Daan and Beth, then my Arsenal teammates and soon my national teammates, seeing as I was selected for the Concacaf championship.

After I had packed my bags for camp I met up with Mason. I owed him a big apology. We hadn't really talked since our kiss in the bar which was a crappy move but when I called him and asked if he wanted to meet up, he luckily agreed. So here I was in a bar in London waiting for the English boy.

I felt someone sitting down next to me at the bar. The person who sat down didn't say anything to me, he just ordered for himself and told the bartender that I could get something too.

Once we got our drinks, a diet coke and water, he spoke to me for the first time, not sparing me a glance. "You look good." He simply stated.

"Thanks, so do you." An awkward silence fell on the both of us. Just like with Leah I didn't really know where to start.

"Why are we here, Eleanore?" He looked at me for probably the first time since we've met up. I took a deep breath and looked up for a second. Grabbing all the strength I could find.

"I want to apologize. I was in a bad place after the accident. It's not an excuse, I know. It's just that more than just the accident happened. Before that I was in a relationship with a man, which you probably already knew. Let's just say he wasn't the nicest guy out there and he was the reason for the crash. After the crash I tried my best to forget about everything so I did just that with partying and drinking. Obviously it didn't work. I know that now and I just really want to apologize for the way I treated you." I rambled on without looking at him.

"Okay." My head snapped up to look at him confused. When I did, I saw him smile at me.

"No, it's not okay. I was a bitch to you and all you really wanted to do was help me and be there for me and then we kissed and it felt right but I had to go and ruin it and." But before I could finish my rant he grabbed my face gently and kissed me. It took a second for me to kiss back but once I processed everything I kissed him back with everything I had. This kiss was even better than the first one.

"Well that escalated quickly." I heard the bartender mumble with a chuckle. We both pulled away and glared at the bartender for ruining the moment.

"Too soon?" He sheepishly laughed at us while we continued to glare at him. "Wokay, tough crowd." He mumbled again continuing with his work.

"Go on a date with me."

"What?"

"Eleonore Queen, will you go on a date with me?"

"Uhm, yeah sure but I leave for the States tomorrow for the Concacaf championship."

"Then let's go on a date tonight. I'll pick you up at 7. How does that sound?"

"Sounds great. What do I wear?"

"Nothing too fancy.  Something you're comfortable in."

When all of our planning was settled, we just enjoyed each other's company. Sharing jokes and laughter with one other until it was time to go home.

Reaching my car I turned around to face him. To my surprise he was just mere millimeters away from me. I could feel his hot breath on my lips. Without a second thought I closed the gap between us and kissed him. My hands went to tangle with his hair, while his, went to my hips. He slowly and gently backed me up against the car.