Part 13

I was in my room getting ready to leave for camp. Time seemed to go faster than usual seeing that I was running late. I had watched Disney Channel with Kelley the whole morning and Alex had warned us to not be late and to start packing. Us being us obviously didn't listen, so that's why I was currently rushing to get ready. As I was changing my shirt Kristie walked in.

""Hey Queenie, can I-" She stopped mid sentence. Her eyes were bulging out of her sockets. She wasn't the only one in shock because I had frozen too. There I stood, in just my bra, shirt in hand, all my bruises and wounds in full display.

Neither one of us dared to speak, probably because we both didn't know what to say. What can I say? Hey, yeah about that, my marvelous boyfriend uses me as a punching bag from time to time? Yeah no not gonna happen.

After a couple of seconds standing there, Kristie was the first to break the silence. "Ellie…" She barely managed to get out, taking a step closer so she could see my upper body better. I didn't dare to move, maybe because there was some childish thought in my mind that if I would not move, maybe I could be invisible. Of course that wasn't  the case.

"Please don't tell me he did this." She whispered, her eyes locked on my body, taking in every bruise and every cut.

"I'm fine." I had finally snapped out of my daze and put on my shirt. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Were the words that I had kept repeating to myself and now they fell from my lips naturally.

"Please, talk to me." Kristie pleaded. It was stupid to assume that she would've been satisfied with those five words. I know her better than that. Now that she has seen the state my body's in, she wouldn't give up till she'd get to the bottom of this.

"There is nothing to talk about Kristie." I stated firmly.

"Ooh so it's normal then that your body is full of bruises?!"

"I'm fine."

"YOU'RE NOT FINE! YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING SMURF!" I flinched at the volume of her voice. In all the time that I have known Kristie I never heard her yell before, well I did but I was never at the receiving end of it. She must've noticed because she immediately tried to compose herself. "You're not fine. Don't you think I've noticed the way you were acting lately? You don't have that sparkle in your eyes anymore, you don't laugh as much as you used to., you distance yourself from everyone. That's not you." Kristie rambled with tears in her eyes.

"I don't have anything to say." I kept a stoic look on my face. I couldn't give in, cause if I did who knew what might happen to me but most importantly Kristie. Jacob would hurt her and I can't let that happen.

"I'm fine. There is nothing to worry about. Jacob had nothing to do with this and I appreciate you keeping this between us Kristen. I need to go." With that said I grabbed my bags and rushed out of my room to the luckily awaited car. When rushing out I caught a glimpse of her shocked face considering I never called her by her full name. I know that I had hurt her but I have to push her away for her own sake and for hers.

"Hey, Queenie, ready to go?" Kelley asked me oblivious to what had just happened moments before.

"Just start the damn car and go." I snapped.

"Okay." She put her hands up in defense. "Jeez, someone's in a bad mood." She started the car and right before I saw Kristie walking out the door we left.

Even though we had spent a couple of days here in LA, we weren't the first one to arrive. Some of the younger players were already here like Abby, Sam, Rose, Sonnet and Lindsay. When I got out of the car, Abby was the first to approach me.

"Roomie!" She yelled while pulling me in for a hug one minute and then hitting me on the back of the head the next. "When I call you, I expect you to answer or atleast call me back and after this camp I want you to text me at least once a day." She scolded me like my sister would do.