Part 24

There are not a lot of things I regret in my life. However, going out yesterday night and drinking as much as I did was one of the things I was definitely regretting now.

This training sucked. No, scratch that, I sucked. Nothing was working for me. I couldn't keep the ball, I couldn't deliver a good pass or shot on goal, I was too slow.

Currently we were nearing the end of training and we were doing a scrimmage. Leah was in my team and to say that the blond was frustrated with me was an understatement. I was supposed to cover Daan in midfield but for the millionth time this training I was too slow and she dribbled past me with ease. To make it all worse she scored again.

"Come on Queen! This is the third time she got past you without a problem. Step up your game!" Joe yelled at me from the otherside of the field.

The final part of the training wasn't any better. I just couldn't keep up with Daan or anyone for that matter, no matter how hard I tried. When practice ended Joe called me over and as you can guess he wasn't happy.

"I don't want to see you here tomorrow. Take a break. Rest."

"What? No, I don't need a break." I told the older men in front of me.

"Clearly you do. You've pushed your body too far. Take a break, let your body rest and then we'll get back at it again." He crossed his arms over his chest, showing that there was no room for argument. Accepting defeat I was about to turn around when Leah passed us.

"Maybe she should take a break from partying and shutting out her friends." She mumbled, pissing me off.

"What did you say?" I asked her, the annoyance clear in my voice.

"You know what I said. When we're home, we need to talk because I'm done with your bullshit." And with that the blond marched away. I knew this moment was gonna come. I knew that eventually someone was gonna call me out on my behavior but that didn't mean I was looking forward to the conversation.

There was a heavy tension in the locker room and in the car on the way home. It wasn't hard to pick up on the tension between me and Leah, but no one dared to address it. Once we arrived home I tried to escape the whole situation but miserably failed.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Leah asked me, with a tone that I've never heard her use with me.

"Uhm to my room?" I asked more than I had said it.

"The hell you are! We need to talk!" Leah was always someone who was a master at composing her feelings. So it surprised me that at this moment it was difficult for her to do so.

"There is not a lot to talk about, Leah. So if you don't mind I would like to go lay down for a bit." I calmly said like I didn't have a care in the world. Beth and Daan, both standing on the side not really knowing what to do.

"Well I do mind because I'm done with your bullshit! I'm done with the partying and you throwing your life away. At first I didn't really mind because I get you've been through a lot but now it is affecting your job, your relationship. It needs to stop!"

"I don't want to talk about it." I wanted to push right past her but before I could she grabbed my wrist.

"No, we are talking about it! I know that it's not easy for you to let people in but it's not just you anymore!"

"Back off!" I said more forcefully this time. "It's none of you're fucking business!" This time I did successfully escape to my room. Who was she to tell me how to live my life? Deep down I knew that she meant well, that she only wanted what was best for me and that my behavior was hurting her but I wanted to be selfish. I didn't want to be in pain all the time, but was I really better off this way?