Part 108

A/N: Surprise! It was brought to my attention that it was someone's birthday today? It's Eleanore Queen's birthday. What better way to celebrate with a double update. Enjoy!

Nala greeted us right away when we walked inside the apartment. The very moment my key went into the lock, the little furball that was sleeping on our couch got up and rushed to the door.

"Hola princesa." I dropped my bags and picked up the small dog that was jumping up my legs.

I held her close to my chest and petted her behind her ears. Ale walked up to us. She placed a hand on the small of my back and just like I did, petted Nala with her other hand.

She gave the dog one last pet and kissed my cheek before grabbing the bags again. She went to our bedroom to start our laundry while I plopped down on the couch with the dog still in my arms.

The things Kheira had said stuck with me. At first I was able to ignore it but now it was getting increasingly harder to do so. The fact that I called Leah and she brushed me off once again, didn't help.

I was so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed Ale walking in again. Apparently she had called out my name more than once but when I hadn't responded she walked over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder, making me jump out of my skin.

You bitch! You're gonna pay for this!" He grabbed me by the shoulders and

"Hey, relax. It's just me." Ale snapped me out of my memory and immediately retracted her hand. She held both of them up so I could see them, showing that nothing was gonna happen.

"Sorry. You scared me." I chuckled, holding one hand over my heart while I held on to Nala tight with the other.

"I can sew that." She chuckled.

"Are you alright? You seemed deep in thought." Worry was written all over her face.

"Yeah. All good. I should really start studying for that big test in a couple of weeks." I smiled at her trying to ease her worry.

She narrowed her eyes at me, indicating that she didn't fully believe me. I kept eye contact with her, not backing down and after a few seconds she decided to drop it.

"I'm fine, I promise. What did you ask?" I smiled sweetly at her, knowing full well that I had won this round.

"I asked what you wanted for dinner." She still stood behind me and leaned in so she could wrap her arms around my chest. A kiss was placed on the top of my head.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment. The calming effect her presence had on me was uncannily. One simple touch made all my bad thoughts, my nerves melt away.

"It doesn't matter. I can make myself whatever. You should join the rest of the team." I hummed and placed my hand on top of hers.

"Absolutely not. If you're not going because you feel like you need to study then I'll stay as well." She immediately shot down my idea.

She let go of me and made her way into the kitchen. Opening up the drawer that held different takeaway menus, she started scanning them.

"So what are you in the mood for?" She yelled back.

I chuckled and lifted Nala up a bit, grabbing the attention from the fluffy dog.

"Now that's your momma pretending that she's cooking." I nuzzled my nose against hers.

The dog gave my nose a small lick and excitedly wagged her tail around. I laughed at her once more before I texted our friends we wouldn't be joining and answered Ale, telling her to order whatever.