Part 23

We were at the end of September and the season for Arsenal had started again. I was cleared to resume training with the group but I still wasn't allowed to actually play but I was getting there.

Things with Jacob weren't going that well. People knew about the fact that me and Jacob had broken up and that I was involved in a car crash but they didn't know the details. It wasn't known to the public that he was abusive and that he was the reason for the crash. That was a choice I had made. I hadn't talked to anyone about that night and I certainly didn't want the world to find out about it.

People started to talk and wonder what had happened that night. To make matters worse he started to speak up in the media about me and our relationship, making up stories that weren't true. He had said that I cheated on him and during our relationship that I was very controlling and manipulative.

This caused people to talk about the issue alot and people to hate on me. I couldn't blame them. They had only heard one side of the story and because I refused to talk about it, it was easy for them to believe him. Also the fact that I had alcohol and drugs in my system on the night of the crash didn't help my case at all, even though I didn't take them out of free will but nobody knew that of course, hell I didn't even press charges.

Rightfully so people believed him and his story. They blamed me for being reckless and I was getting a lot of hate for not being a good role model and for being a stuck up bitch.

So to cope with everything I partied, I partied a lot. So much so that it was starting to affect my daily life. My efforts during training were sloppy, I pushed my friends away and started to ignore them, basically because I was tired of them feeling petty for me or for telling me how to feel or worse to talk about my feelings. I knew they meant well and that most of it was just in my head but again running away and ignoring the problem felt better than actually facing it.

Today I was going out with some of my friends and Mason. Since I got back from the States two weeks ago he was the one constant in my life, together with Alexia. I had spent a lot of time with the boy and I would lie if I said I wasn't enjoying it.

I was wearing ripped skinny jeans with a cropped top, sneakers so I could dance and a blazer. I was finishing my makeup when there was a knock on my door.

"Hey, can I come in?" It was Daan.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to see if you're ready to go." She simply smiled at me.

"I just finished. I'm good to go." I took my vest and was about to head to the door, when Daan grabbed my wrist.

"If something was wrong, you'd talk to me right?" She looked at me with pleading eyes. I looked her right in the eyes and gave her a small smile.

"Of course." And with that I walked out of my room. Everyone was already downstairs. The group consisted of Katie and Rue, Daan and Beth, Viv and Lisa, Jordan and Leah and well me.

"Mason's gonna meet us there with some of his friends. He said he already had a table."

"So this Mason guy, who is he?" Katie asked me.

"I met him here in London when I was out with the national team at the beginning of the year. He's apparently also a football player." I smiled at her.

"Who does he play for?" Viv looked curious.

"Chelsea but he's on loan this season so now he plays for Derby County."

"Chelsea?! Really Queenie?" Leah looked at me with disgust. "I don't like him already."

"Don't worry I told him the same." I smirked at her.