Part 117

A/N: Happy monday guys! Hope you are all doing good! 

Tobin's pov

"No!"

At first I thought it was a fidget of my imagination, that I had just imagined it so I rolled around and ignored it. I buried my face deeper in my pillow and pulled my blanket higher up.

For a minute I thought I would fall back asleep but a scream made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My eyes shot open and in an instant I sat upwards, frantically looking around the room.

"No!" I heard yet again but this time I was fully awake and aware where the scream and the yelling came from.

In the bed next to me, Ellie was frantically tossing and turning, waving her arms around, kicking at whatever made her so scared. Her screams and the volume of her pleas only increased.

Over the last few days I had noticed that she didn't sleep that well, that she was dealing with nightmares again, and that she woke up at early hours in the morning. She thought I hadn't noticed, but I had, the only difference is that the previous nights were nothing compared to this.

I rushed out of the bed and was by her side immediately, trying to shake her awake.

"Ellie, wake up." I said over and over again but the girl kept tossing and turning.

"Eleanore. Wake up!" I said more forcefully but again she didn't wake up.

A light bulb went on in my head. Chris. She would know what to do. I rushed out of the room and to Chris's room, banging on the door.

"Chris, wake up! Now! Please!" I kept on banging on the door, hoping she would wake up soon.

Much to my relief the door finally opened. In it stood a very confused looking Christen Press, still half asleep.

"What the hell, Tobin" She sleepingly rubbed the remaining sleep out of her eyes or at least tried to.

"It's Eleanore." Was all I needed to say to wake her up fully.

Without another word being said the forward jumped into action. She sprinted to my room and rushed straight to the girl who was still tossing like crazy.

"Hey, baby, shhh. I'm here." She kneeled in front of the bed, brushing the sweaty forehead of the frightened girl.

"Ellie, please wake up baby." She shook her lightly but once again it was no use. The pleas from Ellie only increased in volume, breaking our hearts.

"Ellie! Wake up." Chris said more forcefully this time. She shook the girl harder and the next time she tried to wake her up she finally succeeded.

"Ellie, wak-"

"NO!" Ellie screamed out, jumping up straight. The girl scrambled up and tucked her legs to her chest.

The sight of her sitting there, looking so frightened and fragile, broke my heart. She was pressed up against the headboard of the bed, her knees tucked up against her chest, her eyes wide in fear. It was like she had just seen a ghost or something much worse. The girl was shaking uncontrollably.

Chris, who was still kneeled in front of the bed, looked up at me with the same broken look in her eyes, even she didn't know what to do.

"Hey, baby it's me." She said very gently and reluctantly went to sit on the bed but it didn't have the desired effect. To the contrary, Ellie tried to press herself even further into the headboard.

"Hey, you're safe." Chris tried again and very slowly held out her hand, trying to place it on her knee.

"No, please don't hurt me!" Ellie flinched when Chris's hand touched her knee causing the forward to immediately pull away.