Part 102

A/N: Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you all have a great week. Enjoy the chapter.

Things were going great here in Barcelona. The team was on a high from our victory over the weekend and who could blame us? We had just won against one of our rivals which only increased our lead in the league. 

Now it was time to prepare for our second champions league game against Juventus and the spirits were high. We felt ready to face the Italian team and couldn't wait to qualify for the rounds of sixteen.

Alexia and I were lounging around the apartment. We had some time to spare before we had to leave for training. I sat on the couch with my feet up on the table, scrolling through Instagram while Alexia layed down watching TV, one hand behind her head and her feet on my lap.

I was mindlessly scrolling through instagram and occasionally glancing at the TV until a notification grabbed my attention. Once I saw who had texted me, I almost dropped my phone. Taylor Swift.

After our encounter over the summer, we kept in touch but I couldn't help being nervous every time I received a text from her. Alexia noticed and raised an eyebrow, glancing my way but I shrugged her off with a sheepish smile, going back to my phone, opening the message as she focused back at the TV.

A few moments later Nala jumped off the couch and started to pace the floor, indicating that she wanted to go for a walk. Before I could offer, Alexia got up and told me she would do it. She kissed my cheek, grabbed Nala's leash and was out the door just a minute later.

It was like Taylor could sense that I was alone in the apartment because the second Alexia closed the door, Taylor facetimed me. It wasn't that it was a secret that I knew Taylor, it just never really came up.

"Hey there superstar." I heard Taylor's distinctive voice when her face appeared on my screen. The singer had her hair in a messy bun and was wearing a sweatshirt.

"You're talking about yourself right?" I rolled my eyes at the nickname my fellow American liked to use, causing her to snicker.

"No I am not." She smiled at me amused, satisfied with the reaction she got out of me.

"I am talking about you, the one and only Eleanore Queen. The one shredding it up in Spain." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Sure, just so you know, you're overreacting." I prompted my phone on my lap and pointed at her.

"No I'm not." She shook her head laughing.

"Whatever. What's up Taylor?" I chuckled at her persistence.

"I'm good. In LA right now, working on some new music." Taylor let herself plop down in a chair and showed me the studio she was currently working at.

"Ooh nice. Any sneak peaks?" I smirked, hoping that maybe I would be lucky and she would actually let me hear something.

"Well." She dragged out her words and her voice suddenly became a pitch higher. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out she was hiding something.

"Spill it." I deadpanned, a bit curious why she suddenly acted so weird.

"You're coming to the States right? Beginning of October?" She asked, spinning around in her chair.

"Yes why?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why would it matter when I would come to the States?

"Well, you see." She stammered out all nervous. It was a mystery to me why a Grammy award winning singer was nervous to tell me something.

"Taylor!" I said sternly so she would just spill it out.

"Okay okay," she sassed back with a scowl on her face. "I kind of wrote a song and it makes me think of you."