Part 45

One week before the final game. One week and I'm officially not an Arsenal player anymore. It's crazy to think that I'm leaving a place where I had spent almost ten years of my life.

Even though the first few months in the beginning when I came here were hard, it was all worth it in the end. The people I had met, the extended family and friends I had gained, I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Our final game this weekend was against City. It was an important game for us to play. A draw was already enough to win the league but obviously I wanted to go out with a bang. I mean it was my last game for the club I love, I wanted to win.

Against all my pleas not to make my departure a big deal, Joe was not having it and said that they had something planned before the game.

The fans also already knew that I didn't extend my contract with the club and that I was leaving. I had posted that on insta not long after I arrived home from my Barca trip. The reactions that I got warmed my heart. Fans saying that they'll miss me, that I always will have a place here at Arsenal, players in the league saying they're sad to see me go but that they wish me all the best on my new adventure.

Last week my family had arrived in London for the final two games. It was nice having them around for a change. I was particularly happy to see Austin again. That little guy had stolen my heart.

We had just done our training and Leah and I were in the locker rooms.

"Queenie, can you go shopping with me real quick?" Leah looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Sure, shall we go tomorrow, we have a free day then." I said oblivious to the look Daan gave Leah.

"Can we go right now? I saw this swimsuit I really liked and I really really want it so I can wear it in Ibiza." I looked at her and was met with her puppy dog eyes. She knew I couldn't resist those.

"Ugh, fine. We'll go." I said giving in, putting the last of my items in my bag.

"Are any of you joining us?" I looked at Daan, Beth and Jordan. Jordan was about to say something but Daan cut her off before she could.

"No, you two have fun. We'll get started on dinner." She gave me a weird smile. I furrowed my brows at them.

"Why are you guys being weird?"

"We're not weird." Beth defended herself.

"Yeah, sure. Come on Willy, let's go." I grabbed my back and made my way to the parking lot.

"Are you excited for our trip?" The blonde asked when I got into the car.

"God yeah! I'm really looking forward to laying on my ass all day, sipping some margaritas, chilling at the pool and going out at night before the madness of the world cup begins." I chuckled.

"I like those plans." She laughed. "Promise me that it's not gonna be our last trip together." Her voice was soft, almost a whisper.

I was driving so I couldn't really look at her but for a second I did. She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. I focused back on the road.

"I promise you not to just go on more trips with you but to also visit you when I'm free during the season. I promise to call you everyday and to fill you in on my daily life in Spain."

"Then I promise the same." She smiled.

For a while there was a comfortable silence between us. The music was softly playing and I would occasionally sing along to it.

"We should get matching tattoos." She suddenly said, I kept quiet and thought about it for a sec, liking the idea.

"That's a great idea." I grinned at her when I parked the car.