Part 15

Just like I told Jill, I was fine. All the tests came back negative seeing as there were no dormant injuries so I was good to play the game against Germany. The reassurance eased Jill's mind a tiny bit but I could still see the worry in her eyes. My team on the other hand weren't so chilled.

Alex pov:
An 15 minutes earlier

So long story short, Ellie had been missing for 4 hours. After she blew up at training, took her things and left, no one has heard from her since. It's not unusual for her to run away. Sometimes she just needs her space, she blows up, retreats to cool down and think about the situation and her next move, but she always comes back. It doesn't make us worry less though.

The whole team was waiting in her room for the young midfielder to come back. Some of my teammates were huddled around on the bed, some on the floor, trying to calm one another. Chris, Ali, Kelley and Sonnet were probably the worst of all. As for me, I was just surprised there wasn't a hole in the floor from all my pacing.

I was so deep in thought, that I hadn't noticed Kristie walking in until the blonde greeted everyone.

"Hey guys." She walked in nonchalantly.

"Hey Kristie," Rose replied without a thought."Wait Kristie?" The brunette said, realizing that the midfielder was supposed to be looking for Ellie. That was enough to snap me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm that's me?" The girl asked, confused looking up from her phone.

"What are you doing here?! You're supposed to be out there, looking for Ellie?!" Kelley yelled at the blonde girl.

"Chill out, she's with Jill and Dawn. She's fine." She casually answered, waving a hand in the air.

"What?! She's here?! And you didn't tell us?!" Now it was Krieger who got up and took a step closer to the oldest Mewis sibling.

"Yeah, that's what I said." Kristie sassed back until her eyes widened and she realized that she forgot to tell a very worried team that their teammate was actually fine. "OOOOOH!" She yelled out this time.

"I swear to god, Mewis. I could kill you right now!" Ali launched at Kristie.

"Owkay, let's not." Ash intervened right before Ali could actually do something she'd regret and tried to calm down her girlfriend.

"Sorry" The blonde sheepishly said with a guilty smile on her face. "She was pretty upset when I found her and afterwards she felt guilty for the way she left so I went with her to Jill and Dawn.

"It's okay. The most important thing here is that she's fine, so." I assured her.

"She is fine, right?" Carli spoke up this time.

"Yeah, she's just overwhelmed. With the world cup approaching, the pressure with Arsenal. I guess it was all a bit much." She assured us.

"Let's not forget that she still is pretty young even with all the experience she already has." Pinoe said. "We just have to be there for her whenever she needs us. That means no pressuring or smothering her. Give her space and let her do her. I'm looking at you Krieger."

"Hey! I don't do those things!" Ali tried to defend herself but to no use. The whole team gave her a 'really' look. "Okay fine, maybe I do, do those things."

"Where's she now?" Becky asked impatiently and to be fair I was too. It eased my mind to know that the younger girl was fine but I wanted it to see for myself.

"She's with Jill and Dawn. Dawn is making sure she's okay. She'll be here any minute."

And just when Kristie finished her sentence, the door opened and in walked a nervous looking Eleanore.