Part 137

A/N: Happy Monday! Hope you all have a good one! Enjoy the week! PS Pray for me on saterday, Thank you! 

Chris was still frustrated with me. I think that's the best way to describe it. She wasn't necessarily angry with me. We talked, acted normal around each other but I think everyone could tell something was going on.

Nobody really brought it up though because all our energy had to go to our game against Sweden today. Everyone wanted to win, definitely against Sweden. Besides the Canadians, Sweded was our biggest rival since the Olympics in 2016.

I was currently tying my shoes in the dressing room. The coach had just given us the rundown on the things he expected us to do. Most of my teammates were already outside, leaving me behind, trying to lock in on the game.

"Eleanore?" Vlatko's voice pulled me out of my focus. My head snapped up to meet his eyes. He stood there all self confident but an unsure smile on his face.

"You have minute?" He carefully asked. I simply nodded, finishing up with the laces of my shoe and sat up straight.

"I don't have to tell you the importance of this game and what's at stake here?" Vlatko sternly asked me with a cool look in his eyes. The man was calm and collected and knew what he wanted to say to me.

"No you don't. I'm well aware." I said while trying to mimic his tone. While he was calm and collected I was anything but. That's what happens when you have an assistant coach who yells at you all the time.

"Good. I just want to say that you've been doing great at training." This time a small smile crept on his lips but it didn't really meet his eyes. The compliment kind of made me uncomfortable because at the moment I couldn't really tell how genuine it actually was.

"Thank you." I simply replied and stood up, hoping that the conversation was over and I could go but that wasn't the case.

Vlatko placed his hand on my shoulder and looked me right in the eye. "I'm depending on you." Again it made me uncomfortable. A whole week the guy kept yelling at me, pushing me and now he was suddenly believing in me.

"Okay." Was all I could say.

"Without you at your best, we won't win. Do you understand?" His small smile disappeared again and a stern and determined look took over his features again.

"I do." I nodded and that was enough to end the conversation. Vlatko took a step to the side so I could pass him before he spoke up again.

"Great. Now let's go and win this game."

So much for promises. One half later we were down one to two. Sweden had taken the upper hand right before the first half ended. There was still time to turn this around of course, to win the game.

To my surprise Vlatko wasn't angry. I had expected him to start yelling the second we got inside but surprisingly he didn't. He was calm and collected again and to be fair I don't know what I would have liked most, him yelling and being on my ass all the time or him being cool and collected.

"A lot of work to be done but the game isn't over yet. There is still time to turn this around. We need to communicate more on the field. Communication is key!" He started his speech. He spoke in a calm and soft tone but left no room for discussion whatsoever.

"Defenders," the coach looked at all his defenders that were currently playing. "I need you to defend like your life depends on it. We give away too much space and we recklessly kick the ball away once we've managed to steal it. That can't happen okay?" His look was serious and strict, his gaze moving over all the players that were seated in the room.