Part 26

I was sitting on my bed with my phone in my hands, debating whether or not I should text Alexia. Ever since Hope's visit I have been doing a lot better. I had more control over my life again and I enjoyed it a lot more.

Since that day I had wondered that maybe I should start talking to someone and Alexia seemed like the perfect candidate for numerous reasons.

The first one being that she didn't know me personally. Like yes, since we started talking through Instagram, we've talked quite a lot but we hadn't met personally and therefore she's more objective than for example Leah or Daan. The fact that we've started talking more was another reason. She just felt easy to talk to. It was like I had known her all my life and I could talk to her all day.

After sitting there for 15 minutes, staring at my phone, I finally unlocked it and opened the Instagram app. Clicking on the Spanish girl's name, our chat opened.

Eleanoremqueen7
Hey, does your offer still stand?
Seen

It's been an hour since I texted Alexia and it's been 56 minutes since she left my text on read, not that I'm counting or anything. This is the first time since we started texting that she had left me on read and it made my thoughts spiral. Maybe I pushed my luck. I mean, she doesn't even really know me so why on earth would she be willing to listen to my problems.

I was so deep in my head that I almost didn't notice my phone going off. Without really looking who it was I picked up the FaceTime request. To my surprise it was the girl that had my head spiraling for the last hour or so.

"¿Hola chica, cómo estás?"

"Alexia?" I said, surprised that she'd call. I mean minutes before I thought she was ghosting me.

"You seem surprised? You did ask me to listen to you, no?" She chuckled.

"Yeah, I mean, you had seen my text but you hadn't replied. I just thought, I don't know that you didn't want to listen."

"What? Of course I'm gonna listen, you're my friend and I don't leave my friends when they need me. It just took me a while to get your number."

"How did you get my number anyway?" I looked suspiciously at the fellow midfielder.

"I called Jenni, who called Christen Press, who then texted her your number, who then texted it to me. By the way, expect a call from Christen later on the day. We may or may not have forgotten about the time difference." She sheepishly smiled.

"Stalker much?"

"That or I just really wanted your number. Either way, here I am and ready to listen."

"Okay so what do you want to hear?"

"Everything." She said determined. "If you're okay with that at least."

"Are you sure you've got enough time?" I mumbled.

"For you, I'll make time."

And that was enough to get me to start talking. I told her everything, I didn't hold back. I told her about Jacob, how I had met him, how we ended up dating, how our relationship turned abusive, about my partying, the fights with Leah. I told her about all the good things, the bad things and the ugly ones.

During my whole story, not once did she interrupt me, only asking questions so she could have a better view on the situation. She didn't give this look full of petty and guilt. She just listened and I was glad I could finally get everything off of my chest.

"If I ever cross paths with him, I'm gonna kill him." Alexia said.

"Yeah, get in line." I mumbles.

"Look, I'm not gonna tell you how you should feel or how you shouldn't cause frankly I have no idea nor do I have the right to do so. You went through something very traumatic and through something no one should go through in the first place. So how you choose to cope with it is your decision. However I do understand Leah too though." She calmly explained to me.