Part 133

A/N: Hey guys! Long time no see. I'm back! I hope you all had a great start of the year. Love you guys! 

Mapi and I were crouched down at the center of the field, patting the grass together. There was a comfortable silence hanging between us, both just enjoying eachothers company while most of our teammates were either conversing with each other or with some of our opponents.

"So are you finally gonna tell me what's wrong?" Mapi asked without looking up.

This made me furrow my eyebrows, not really sure where this question was coming from. Mapi's gaze stayed focused on the field while I thought over my answer.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I simply answered, hoping that would be enough to get her off my back.

"Sure you don't but don't play dumb with me. You're my best friend. Don't you think I'd notice when something is wrong?" This time Mapi did look up at me and when she saw that I wasn't gonna answer her she continued.

"I know something is bothering you. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, just know that I'm here." She gave me a soft smile and went back to focus on the grass.

I pondered over what she had said. It wouldn't hurt to open up to her slightly. Maybe just the part about Leah. That way I might get her off my back.

"Leah and I aren't really working at the moment. " I sighed out.

My small revelation took the defender with surprise, it was clearly shown in her features. Her head snapped up and with curious eyes she looked at me.

"Since she found out about me and Alexia, she is shutting me out. She acts cold and distant." I breathed out, my content smile that was once there, slowly fading.

"We used to talk weekly, now if I get to talk to her for just a few minutes, it's a win and even then not a lot is said." I frowned, clearing my throat, trying my best not to let it show how much it affected me.

Mapi mimicked my expression, her usually upbeat smile was now replaced by a sad frown. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"What is there to say? We used to be best friends, hell she is my family. We talked all day and now we don't. I just have to deal with it. It's probably me, something I have done." I bowed my head and stared at the ground.

"No! Just no! I know she's your friend and that you really care for her but no, it's not your fucking fault. You're not the one who did something. She did so don't you dare think it's you, got it?" Mapi said sternly, leaving no room for any discussion.

"Okay." I weakly agreed with the defender who gently placed her hand on my shoulders trying to give me as much comfort as she could. "I know you don't want to hear this now, but it's her loss and no matter what I got you." She looked me right in my eyes.

I knew Mapi was telling the truth and that she really meant what she said but then again I believed Leah too. Hell we even got a tattoo together to prove it. "She promised me that too though." My voice cracked while my heart broke a little further.

"I know." Mapi sighed sadly and gently squeezed my shoulder. "But we have this established routine together so you're kind of stuck with me." She said with a new found glint in her eyes and somehow she succeeded in cheering me up.

I softly chuckled at her comment and gently pushed her shoulder. "Thanks. For listening." I smiled at the blonde, one she easily returned. "Anytime." And Mapi winked at me.

Mapi's gaze returned back to the grass together with mine. The peaceful and comfortable silence returned once more. That was until Mapi picked some grass.