Part 37

After a few more days in LA, it was time to go home again. Because of camp I had missed some important games of the season and I couldn't afford to miss any more games in my opinion.

Mason had volunteered to come pick me up from the airport. Once I saw the boy I walked up to him and greeted him with a hug and a kiss. He helped me with my back and we went to the car.

"So now you're gonna stay in London for longer than a few days right?" Mason said in an annoyed tone.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you going to the States again soon or are you finally planning on finishing your season here?" He snapped, clearly still frustrated that I had to leave.

"You think I wanted to go to the States?" I asked him not at all believing what he was saying.

"I don't know? You're gone more than you're actually here. At this point I have a more serious relationship with my phone than you." I scoffed at what he had just said. Was he for real?

"You do realize I went home because my best friend's mother, who was like a second mother to me, died, right?"

"Yes and I get that. I just don't understand why you had to be there for almost a week."

"Unbelievable."

"Yeah, say that word again. It seems like that's your favorite word to use."

"Well the things you say are unbelievable so it's really not that surprising." I snapped at him. I turned my head to the window and leaned against it, looking out. Was he for real? I mean come on. It was not like I wanted to go to the States to bury my best friend's mom.

After a while I heard him sigh. He was clearly looking for things to say but was failing to come up with something. It stayed quiet for a few more minutes and honestly I wasn't mad about that.

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things. I just missed you, okay."

"I've missed you too. It's not like I wanted to go."

"I know. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks."

"Is there anything you want to do?"

"I just wanna go home and sleep." And with that he drove me home. On the way we stopped for some take out. When I got home I greeted my housemates and then went to my room with Mason.

Eventually it was time for him to go back to Derby so we said goodbye and I went back to my room. The emotional week, finally catching up with me.

I was simply laying in bed, just staring up at the ceiling when suddenly the door opened. In walked Leah, Daan and Beth. Without a word they just laid down next to me and wrapped me in their arms. Giving me the comfort I was craving for and that's how we fell asleep.

The next few days we're full of training and preparing for our next game against Bristol. Currently I was at training laughing at something Jordan had said.

"Did you know that there are 32 muscles in a cat's ear." I stopped walking and turned around to face the short blonde. Leah and Daan on the other hand burst out laughing.

"What?" I chuckled. Confused as to where this fact was coming from.

"A cat. A cat's ear has 32 muscles so it can rotate and move its ears so it can pinpoint where the noise is coming from." She explained to me proudly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Jordan Nobbs everybody." I said, laughing along with my friends. That's Jordan for you. She can say the most random things at the weirdest times.