Part 7

Trigger warning: abuse (just so you know this will be the case for the next couple of chapters.)

The following day and a half we hung out together before most of my teammates had to go back to the States. In these moments I wished that I also played there. Not being able to see my family and friends on a frequent basis, takes its toll sometimes. But then again if I were to go back to the States, I would miss my Arsenal family.

"Don't overwork yourself, okay? And make sure you eat enough. And-"

"Call you from time to time and stay out of trouble. I know the drill Ali. You, Christen, Carli, Becky and pretty much the whole team, give me that speech all time." I smile at her.

"Sorry, just please call me if you need anything okay?" She pulled me in for a hug.

"I promise."

Ali gave me some space to say goodbye to the others when suddenly I got tackled in a hug by Sonnet, Lindsay and Rose.

"Are you 100 percent sure that we can't convince you to come back to the States with us?" Rose pouted at me.

"Yeah, like the Thorns could really use a player like you." Lindsay said.

"And I could really use a friend like you and you could stay with me the whole time." Sonnet said when Lindsay cleared her throat. "Uhm I mean us, you could stay with us the whole time." Sonnet corrected herself.

"Much better, stop stealing my best friend." Lindsay glared at the blonde.

"Hey! Excuse me, first of all she's my best friend and second, she is not playing for the Thorns, she'll be playing for the Spirit." She glared at the 2 Thorns players.

"Guys! I love you. I really do, but I'm not going to the States." I laughed at their bickering. " As much as I'm going to miss you guys, I'm going to stay here. I love it here and I love playing for Arsenal."

"Fine, but remember if we ever play Arsenal, we'll kick their ass."

"Sure, Linds. Whatever makes you sleep at night." I laughed at her. Lindsay and Rose went back to their luggage, leaving me with Sonnet, who pulled me into a hug again.

"Don't get into too much trouble without me." She mumbled into my neck.

"Never. And for the record, you are my best friend." I felt her smile. "And Kristie of course. Ooh and Leah and Jordan and-" She looked up at me with a glare.

"Fuck you."

"I'm kidding." I tightened my arms around her. "And you are mine." She said, making me smile.

"Message me when you're home?"

"You'll be on a plane by then."

"Still, I want to know you got home safe."

"You've grown soft Sonny." We pulled away from the hug. Sonnet walked up to her bags. "Do the same will ya?" I asked my best friend.

"Sure thing." She made her way to our teammates.

"Hey kid." Carli walked up to me, pulling me in for a hug. "Make me proud."

"Always."

"I know. Stay out of trouble alright." She said while walking away. I just laughed at her.

When all my teammates said their goodbyes to me and made their way past security, I went home.

When I arrived home I did as promised and texted my teammates that I got home safely.

"Lee, Meado, Daan! I'm home!" I threw my keys in our keybowl. I walked further into the deadly quiet house, which is very unusual for our household.

"They're not home." A familiar low voice said.