Part 62

The following day was spent settling in and desperately trying to get rid of my jetlag. Alexia was simply amazing since I had arrived. She went out of her way to make me feel welcome and even insisted on redecorating the living room so I would feel at home more. 

Obviously I told her that wasn't necessary, that I was fine with the way things were. After all, I was only supposed to stay with her until I found my own place. 

Today was my first official day as a Barcelona player, however I wasn't allowed to train with the group just yet. First I had to pass my fitness tests. 

Upon arriving at the training center with Alexia, I was greeted by the president and some other important people. 

"Hola, Eleanore. Como estas?" He walked up to me with his hand held out for me to shake. He had a welcoming smile on his face.

"Hola, I'm good thanks. How about you?" I took his hand.

"I'm great now you're here. I'm very excited for you to be here." 

"Thank you sir. I'm happy to be here as well. I'm really looking forward to the season." 

"Congratulations on winning the world cup by the way. We like to honor you before one of the men's games in Camp Nou." 

"Oh but it's fine really." I tried to assure him that it wasn't necessary but he was having none of it. 

"Nonsense, it's the least we could do after such an accomplishment. Alexia, would you mind showing Eleanore to the locker rooms?" He asked the older girl next to me.

"Of course sir." She nodded in agreement before he turned his attention back at me.

"There will be a bag with some of your clothes. The rest will be sent to you within the following week."

I nodded and thanked the man. 

"Have a good day ladies."

"You to sir." We both said, and with that the gentlemen walked away. 

Alexia instantly turned around and grabbed my wrist. She dragged me along behind her. Something she's been doing a lot lately. 

"Come on superstar, I'll show you to the locker room." She smirked. 

"Lead the way, la Reina." I winked at the girl who was dragging me around. 

"Shut up." She playfully rolled her eyes at me. 

"You started it." A smug look present on my face. 

"True." She laughed. 

We came to a stop in front of a door. Alexia took a step a side and let me walk in first. I walked towards the locker with the number seven on it. I stopped in front of it and admired the jersey that was hanging on a hanger. 

It was the home jersey with the famous red and blue colors. On the jersey was my name with the number seven on it. My fingers trailed over the Barcelona crest. 

I felt strong arms sneak around my waist under my shirt. Her fingers, drawing small shapes on my stomach. I leaned in to her embrace more. 

"It's gonna look good on you." She rested her head on my shoulder and whispered in my ear. 

"You think so?" I nervously asked her. 

"I know so." I turned around in her embrace and we looked into each other's eyes. For a moment we both lost track of time till the door swung open and in walked a buzzing team. Alexia and I stepped back from each other, the others unaware of the moment they just ruined.