Part 34

The first week of training went great and I felt ready to face France in one of the friendlies we had planned. We also would play Spain somewhere next week. That was a game I was particularly looking forward to. Me and Alexia had said we would meet up before or after the game whenever we had time and I was really looking forward to that.

We had traveled to France and had just done our final training before our game and the spirits were high. Overall it was a great practice. Everyone did a great job but something in my stomach felt off. I couldn't put my finger on it though.

"Queenie!" Sonnet yelled when she jumped on my back. "Let's go! To the locker rooms!"

I shrugged the blonde off causing her to fall. Everyone around us burst out laughing.

"You have your own feet. Use them."

"Here I thought you were the nicest out of all of us."

Becky walked up to me and pulled me into her. "Oh she is and she also happens to be right. You have your own feet. Use them."

"Damn Sonny, you should have known better than to go after the baby." Julie said, laughing at the defender.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. How's your little bro doing?" She asked me while we all walked back to the locker room.

"Good. The other day my mom told me that he had already settled in and that he has been calling them mom and dad so I guess he adapted well." I told the defender with a smile on my face.

"Is he coming to one of the games?" Allie asked this time.

"Yeah, the one against Spain."

"You're ready to kick some French ass?"

"I guess so. They are a good team though. It's not gonna be easy."

"But they are not as good as us!" Pinoe came running.

I didn't say anything more, still having that gut feeling that something was off. Alex must have noticed

"Yeah." Alex looked at me after my response.

"Hey? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that I have this gut feeling that something's off you know?"

The forward pulled me closer to her. Trying to give me as much comfort as she could. 

"Don't worry Queenie, you'll do good as always. There is no doubt in my mind about it."

"And if we do lose you at least get to meet the hot Spanish midfielder in a couple of days!"

This made a lot of heads turn. Everyone's attention now is on me. I swear at this moment I wanted nothing more than to kill Sonnet.

"Wait, I thought you were dating a hot British midfielder?" Mal asked, confused.

"I am. Sonnet is just being annoying. Don't mind her."

But that answer didn't satisfy Sam. She was still confused as hell about Sonnet's comment.

"No no, why is she talking about a Spanish midfielder?"

"HOT! Hot Spanish midfielder!" Sonnet corrected Sam. If looks could kill Sonnet would have been dead by now.

"She likes to believe that there is something going on between me and Alexia." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Who's Alexia?" Pinoe asked.

A gasp was heard somewhere amongst the team. It was Rose who had apparently pieced it together first.